Tucked into the foothills under the dark sky, the glow of lights can be seen for miles. Just under a mile of walking trail, the illumination of cottonwoods, boxelders and pine trees line the pathway through the Green Farm, Crossroads, Deer Creek Discovery Children's Play Area and 1880s Hildebrand Ranch homestead. There is the option of a shorter path for those who want to take a shorter stroll. In line with our core value of sustainability, all lights used in the event are LED.
We will comply with all state and local guidelines and requirements related to COVID-19 that are relevant in Novembe – January.
Fun features this year:
- Synchronized music in children’s play area
- Singing Christmas trees
- Two three-sided light tunnels
- Illuminated antique and model tractors on display
- Hot beverages, nuts, kettle corn as well as fudge and caramels are available for purchase from our vendors with cash or credit card
- Pizza available for purchase (except Dec. 4 and 11), provided by Wheels on Fire
- I spy the GEICO Gecko! Take a picture of the three lighted Geckos hidden throughout Trail of Lights for a chance to win $250.
Are you looking for a holiday lights experience closer to downtown Denver? Visit Blossoms of Light at York Street.
Fridays-Sundays, Nov. 26 – Dec. 12
Nightly, Dec. 17 – Jan. 2 (closed Christmas)
$13 Adult Member, Student, Senior 65+, Military, Child (ages 3-15)
$10 Child Member
Free for children 2 and under (no ticket required)
- Parking lot opens at 4:50 p.m., last entry to the event is 8:30 p.m., grounds cleared at 9:15 p.m.
- Timed tickets must be purchased in advance; tickets are limited in each 30-minute time slot. Tickets will not be available onsite. Masks are required indoors for all visitors ages 3 and older.
- Ticket purchase subject to availability; membership does not guarantee ticket to event.
Trail of Lights 2021
May I use my tickets on any night of Trail of Lights?
No, please attend Trail of Lights on the date you purchased your tickets for. If your plans change, email email@example.com or call 720-865-3500 to inquire about an exchange. Date exchanges are possible with a $5 fee up to 72 hours before the entry time listed on your ticket, pending availability.
Why are there timed tickets?
By staggering the arrival of our visitors, we hope to provide a better visitor experience.
What kind of clothes should I wear?
Trail of Lights is an outdoor event. We suggest wearing shoes with good traction. Please come prepared for the weather conditions.
Will Trail of Lights be different this year due to COVID-19?
The Gardens is complying with all guidelines and requirements related to COVID-19.
- You may notice a few small changes to the pathway or other features related to these requirements.
- Attendance capacity is greatly reduced, and tickets are issued in 30-minute entry windows to stagger the arrival of our visitors.
- Please practice social distancing – staying at least six feet away from visitors not in your party.
Is there parking available?
Because of the volume of cars and visitors coming into and leaving our Chatfield Farms site during our events, we are not equipped to have a separate lane or drop-off/pick-up area for rideshare vehicles.
Can I use my SNAP EBT card for entry?
SNAP discount does not apply to Trail of Lights entry.
Is Trail of Lights ADA accessible?
Trail of Lights is ADA accessible, however please keep in mind that the paths may be icy in spots. Please bring heavy duty strollers and/or wheelchairs, as not all paths are paved. Wheelchair-accessible parking is available.
Are there strollers or wheelchairs available onsite?
Wheelchair and stroller checkout is temporarily suspended. Please plan to bring your own.
Are there any photography restrictions at Trail of Lights?
Camera tripods and drones may not be used, though monopods are permitted. Professional portrait photography permits cannot be purchased for Trail of Lights and are not allowed. View our Chatfield Farms Photo Policy for questions about what types of photography is permitted. We’d love to see your personal photos on social media! Use #TrailofLights when you post.
Are pets allowed at Trail of Lights?
Pets are not permitted at this event. Service dogs/animals are allowed.