2021 therapeutic horticulture programming update:
- Sensory Processing and Autism Resource Kits are not available.
- Horticultural therapy services and online SPARK! programs are available.
The Gardens offers a number of ways to engage with participants:
- Summer Therapeutic Horticulture — Come to the York Street gardens mid-May through September for a tour of the Sensory Garden, an activity of your choice and a plant for each participant to take home.
- Winter Therapeutic Horticulture (dates coming soon) — Offered November through March, this program comes to your facility, providing a sensory tour of potted plants and a hands-on activity of your choice.
- Summer Low Sensory Mornings — Experience the York Street gardens without the crowds. Offered May through August, the Gardens will open early on select mornings for those who wish to connect with plants in a safe, restful location.
- Horticultural Therapy Services — The Gardens’ trained horticultural therapy staff provides consulting services to eligible for-profit and nonprofit facilities.
- SPARK! Cultural Programming for People with Memory Loss — Participants with mild memory loss have the opportunity to explore the diverse world of plants at the Gardens. Sessions are the second Wednesday of the month and held at the Gardens.
- Sensory Processing and Autism Resource Kits (canceled for 2021) — These kits are appropriate for people of all ages with autism or sensory needs to help them feel safe and supported while exploring the York Street gardens.
- Veterans Farm Program at Chatfield Farms — This horticulture program supports the vocational, social, physical and therapeutic goals of post-9/11 military veterans.