Parking, Transportation & Accessibility - York Street
Parking & Transportation
Limited free parking is available in our parking complex between York and Josephine streets during our regular hours of operation. No overnight parking is allowed. Parking in the parking complex is only for Gardens' visitors. Street parking is available in Cheesman Park or Congress Park, where posted.
Entrance to the main gardens is through the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center at 1007 York Street or the Freyer – Newman Center at 1085 York Street. The Mordecai Children’s Garden is located on the third floor of the parking garage, between Josephine Street and York Street. Admission to the Children's Garden is included with general admission.
Parking Restrictions at York Street:
- Vans — Due to height restrictions, vans should park on the top deck of the parking complex.
- RVs — Due to weight restrictions, RVs are not permitted in the parking complex.
Please consider using these alternate modes of transportation:
- RTD: Use routes #24 (York and Josephine Streets) and/or #10 (12th Avenue) to access the Gardens.
- Bicycle Colorado and Bike Streets: The Gardens joins Bicycle Colorado and Bike Streets in encouraging cycling as a form of transportation. Bike racks are available at the York Street main entrance.
To find a bus rental to Denver Botanic Gardens at York Street, contact National Charter Bus Denver at 303-317-3208. Browse through their field trip bus rentals and group transportation services offered for your group trip or private event.
- Most of our indoor and outdoor gardens and facilities, including restrooms and classrooms, are wheelchair accessible.
- Some areas in the Gardens are not wheelchair accessible without assistance. Please check-in with Visitor Services staff upon entry to the Gardens if you need clarification on accessible routes.
- Due to its historical nature, the Waring House is not wheelchair accessible.
- See map below showing wheelchair and stroller accessible paths in the Gardens.
- Accessible parking is located in the Gardens’ parking structure and is available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Wheelchairs and strollers are available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Please check-in with Visitor Services staff upon entry to the Gardens. No reservations are accepted.
- We do not offer motorized wheelchairs or scooters.
- Sensory Processing and Autism Resource Kits (SPARK) are available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis in the Helen Fowler Library in the Freyer – Newman Center. No reservations are accepted. Leaving a driver’s license or photo ID is required. Learn more about the SPARK kits.
- No pets allowed at the York Street gardens. Service dogs/animals are permitted. Please do not leave pets in cars – you will be asked to take them home.
- Due to the sensitive nature of our specimens, service dogs/animals are not permitted in our herbaria. If you have a service dog/animal and would like to tour the herbaria, call 720-865-3500 or email email@example.com to make an appointment (tours by appointment only). We recommend you bring someone with you who can stay with your service dog/animal while you visit the herbaria.