The York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on Aug. 18 and 19 for concerts, and close at 3 p.m. on Aug. 23 for a private event.
How long should I allow for a visit?
- People typically spend up to 2.5 hours at the Gardens.
- The average time that it takes to walk through the Gardens is about 1.5 hours.
- Please enjoy your visit to Denver Botanic Gardens!
- Please treat our plants kindly and do not pick flowers, walk through gardens or climb trees.
- You may bring your own food and non-alcoholic beverages into the Gardens. We have many beautiful sites where you can enjoy your picnic lunch or dinner.
- Help support sustainability by using the compost and recycling bins around the Gardens.
- Visitors are welcome to take photos and videos for personal use.
- For commercial and professional photography, please refer to our Photo Policy for information on permits.
- Service animals are welcome, but please leave dogs and other pets at home.
- Here is parking, transportation and accessibility information.
- Please help keep the Gardens relaxing for everyone—no loud music, bikes, scooters, skateboards, Frisbees or sleds.
- The Gardens is a non-smoking facility (including e-cigarettes and vaporizers) by city ordinance.
- Art is more delicate than it looks—please do not touch or climb on any artwork.
- The animals living in the Gardens are wild—please do not feed or touch them.
- Please do not wade in pools or walk across them when they’re frozen.