The York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on July 1 and 2 for concerts.
Gardens Teen Leaders Program
(High School Students)
Denver Botanic Gardens is looking for teens who are interested in volunteering during the school year and who have a special interest in the work of the Gardens. The Gardens Teen Leaders (GTL) is a small, dedicated group of teen volunteers from throughout the Denver Metro area. These teens:
- Help the Gardens create and improve volunteer opportunities for teens
- Contribute valuable, visible service that supports the Gardens' mission
- Go behind the scenes and explore different career paths by working with staff from all over the Gardens
- Must be attending high school in the 2019-2020 school year
- Attend monthly meetings during the school year (one Sunday 1-3 p.m. and one Wednesday 5:30-7:30 p.m. per month)
- Volunteer for at least two special event shifts during the school year
How to get involved:
We are currently accepting applications for GTL General Members. To apply:
- Complete the online application
- If you have not previously been a volunteer at Denver Botanic Gardens, you will also need to create an online volunteer profile
Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 7
After you apply:
If, after reviewing a teen's application materials, we have additional questions, we may also conduct a phone interview. We will review all applications and notify teens of their final application outcome no later than Wednesday, August 28.
For more information about the GTL Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-865-3609.
Summer Teen Volunteer Program
(Students 13 to 17 years old)
During the summer, teens can volunteer in a variety of positions at Denver Botanic Gardens, including in the Mordecai Children’s Garden, in the summer camps, in the visitor center or in the gardens.
For more information about the Summer Teen Volunteer Program, email email@example.com or call 720-865-3565.
Applications for the 2019 Summer Teen Volunteer Program are no longer being accepted. Please check back in February 2020 to learn more about opportunities for summer 2020.