Denver Botanic Gardens’ York Street location is now open with capped numbers and timed tickets. Here are details on what to expect upon your return. Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms’ re-opening is yet to be determined.
Summer Teen Volunteer Program
(Students 13 to 17 years old)
During the summer, teens can volunteer in a variety of positions at Denver Botanic Gardens, including with family activities, in the summer camps, in the visitor center, out in the gardens or with our sustainability efforts. Teens can volunteer at either York Street in Denver or Chatfield Farms in Littleton.
For more information about the Summer Teen Volunteer Program, email email@example.com or call 720-865-3609.
Applications for summer 2020 are no longer being accepted. Please check back in February to learn more about opportunities for summer 2021.
Gardens Teen Leaders Program
(High School Students)
Denver Botanic Gardens is looking for teens who are interested in volunteering during the school year and who have a special interest in the work of the Gardens. The Gardens Teen Leaders (GTL) is a small, dedicated group of teen volunteers from throughout the Denver Metro area. These teens:
- Help the Gardens create and improve volunteer opportunities for teens
- Contribute valuable, visible service that supports the Gardens’ institutional mission of connecting people with plants
- Go behind the scenes and explore different career paths by working with staff from all over the Gardens
- Must be attending high school in the 2019-2020 school year
- Attend monthly meetings during the school year (one Sunday 1-3 p.m. and one Wednesday 5:30-7:30 p.m. per month)
- Volunteer for at least two special event shifts during the school year
For more information about the GTL Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-865-3609.
Applications for the 2019-2020 Gardens Teen Leaders Program are no longer being accepted. Please check back in June 2020 to learn more about opportunities for the 2020-2021 school year.