Gardens Teen Leaders Program
(High School students)
Denver Botanic Gardens is looking for teens who are interested in volunteering during the school year and who have a special interest in the work of the Gardens. The Gardens Teen Leaders (GTL) is a small, dedicated group of teen volunteers from throughout the Denver Metro area. These teens:
- Help the Gardens create and improve volunteer opportunities for teens
- Contribute valuable, visible service that supports the Gardens’ institutional mission of connecting people with plants
- Go behind the scenes and explore different career paths by working with staff from all over the Gardens
- Must be attending high school in the 2021-2022 school year
- Attend monthly meetings during the school year (one Sunday 1-3 p.m. and one Wednesday 5:30-7:30 p.m. per month). Please note: These meetings may be in-person or virtual, to be determined.
- Volunteer for at least two special event shifts during the school year if circumstances permit
Applications for the 2021-2022 Gardens Teen Leaders Program are no longer being accepted. Please continue to check back for additional teen volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
For more information about the GTL Program, email email@example.com or call 720-865-3609.
Summer Teen Volunteer Program
(Students 13 years old to graduating seniors)
Due to changes in the structure of our Summer Teen Volunteer Program this year, we are offering two types of volunteer tracks teens can apply for: Horticulture and Guest Engagement.
Horticulture Track: Gives teens the opportunity to sign up for horticulture project days at our three sites: York Street, Chatfield Farms and Plains Conservation Center. Working alongside horticulture staff, teens will learn the basics of horticulture garden maintenance and planting. All shifts will be outside and will occur in the morning on mostly weekdays.
Guest Engagement Track: Gives teens the opportunity to volunteer in our front line/customer service needs including Gallery Greeters in our new Freyer – Newman Center. Teen volunteers will learn basic customer service and guest engagement skills and be mentored by Denver Botanic Gardens’ staff. Other opportunities will include helping at various York Street Gardens evening special events throughout the summer. All shifts will be interacting with the general public and will occur on Wednesdays and Sundays.
The Teen Volunteer Program will be following current federal, state and local safety procedures and policies around COVID-19.
Applications for the 2021 Summer Teen Volunteer Program are no longer being accepted. Please continue to check back for additional teen volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
For more information about the Summer Teen Volunteer Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-865-3609.
Hear from past teen volunteers about their experience volunteering in previous summers in this video.