Gardens Teen Leaders Program
(High School Students)
Denver Botanic Gardens is looking for teens who are interested in volunteering during the school year and who have a special interest in the work of the Gardens. The Gardens Teen Leaders (GTL) is a small, dedicated group of teen volunteers from throughout the Denver Metro area. These teens:
- Help the Gardens create and improve volunteer opportunities for teens
- Contribute valuable, visible service that supports the Gardens’ institutional mission of connecting people with plants
- Go behind the scenes and explore different career paths by working with staff from all over the Gardens
- Must be attending high school in the 2020-2021 school year
- Attend monthly meetings during the school year (one Sunday 1-3 p.m. and one Wednesday 5:30-7:30 p.m. per month). Please note: These meetings may be in-person or virtual, to be determined.
- Volunteer for at least two special event shifts during the school year if circumstances permit
How to get involved:
We are currently accepting applications for GTL General Members. To apply:
- Complete the online application.
- If you have not previously been a volunteer at Denver Botanic Gardens, you will also need to create an online volunteer profile.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 29
After you apply:
If, after reviewing a teen's application materials, we have additional questions, we may also conduct a phone interview. We will review all applications and notify teens of their final application outcome no later than August 31.
For more information about the GTL Program, email email@example.com or call 720-865-3609.
Summer Teen Volunteer Program
(Students 13 to 17 years old)
During the summer, teens can volunteer in a variety of positions at Denver Botanic Gardens, including with family activities, in the summer camps, in the visitor center, out in the gardens or with our sustainability efforts. Teens can volunteer at either York Street in Denver or Chatfield Farms in Littleton.
For more information about the Summer Teen Volunteer Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-865-3609.
Applications for summer 2020 are no longer being accepted. Please check back in February to learn more about opportunities for summer 2021.
Hear from past teen volunteers about their experience volunteering in previous summers in this video.