Glow at the Gardens
York Street Location
Take a spine-tingling stroll through eerily illuminated gardens as our York Street location transforms for Halloween. Enjoy larger-than-life pumpkin sculptures, spooky live entertainment and, of course, hoards of gourds with thousands of jack o’ lanterns made from real, locally grown pumpkins.
- You must purchase a ticket online for a specific date and time to visit. Tickets will not be available onsite.
- Last entry is 9 p.m. Glow at the Gardens events and our site close at 9:45 p.m.
Volunteer opportunities include assisting with setup, pumpkin carving and placement, and guest-facing roles throughout the event.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about volunteering at this event.
Ticket prices will be announced this summer.
Ticket on-sale dates:
- President’s Circle, Garden Leader, Director’s Circle, Four Seasons, Patron, Supporter, Gardens Plus – Wednesday, Aug. 23
- Friends & Family – Thursday, Aug. 24
- Dual Plus, Individual Plus – Friday, Aug. 25
- General public tickets open Monday, Aug. 28
Group pricing is not available for special events. Become a member for discounted ticket prices.
Ticket purchase subject to availability; membership does not guarantee ticket to event.
Timed tickets must be purchased in advance; tickets are limited in each time slot. Tickets will not be available onsite.
Is this event scary or appropriate for all ages?
The event is not very scary. Spooky illusions, props and sound effects are featured in certain areas. The displays do not include graphic or violent content.
How many of your pumpkins are real?
Every single one! Every pumpkin featured at the event was harvested from a local farm and hand-carved by our pumpkin carving team. The sculptures are supported by metal or wooden armatures with the occasional use of props, however the pumpkins themselves are all real.
Are costumes permitted?
Yes! We encourage guests to wear costumes.
- Weapons (real or fake) are NOT permitted.
- Costume masks covering the entire face are not permitted for guests over age 17.
May I use my tickets on any night of Glow at the Gardens?
No. Please attend Glow at the Gardens on the date you purchased tickets for, and during the entry window listed on your ticket. Glow at the Gardens takes place rain, snow or shine.
When should I buy my tickets? Will any be available at the door?
Tickets must be purchased in advance. We highly recommend purchasing tickets as far in advance as you can as this event sells out each year. Tickets will not be for sale at the door.
Can I use my SNAP EBT card or the Five by Five Program card for entry?
SNAP discount and the Five by Five program do not apply to Glow at the Gardens entry.
Is there parking? Is there a coat check?
Free parking is available in our parking garage. However, parking is limited and fills quickly. If you park in the surrounding neighborhood on a side street, please be respectful of our neighbors. Consider using these alternate modes of transportation:
- RTD: Use routes #24 (York and Josephine Streets) or #10 (12th Avenue) to access the Gardens.
- Bicycle Colorado and Bike Streets: The Gardens joins Bicycle Colorado and Bike Streets in encouraging cycling as a form of transportation. Bike racks are available at the York Street main entrance.
There is no coat check.
Is Glow at the Gardens ADA accessible and are wheelchairs or strollers available onsite?
Yes, but keep in mind that some paths are narrow. Wheelchairs and strollers can be checked out on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations are accepted. Learn more about accessibility at the Gardens.
Will any areas of the Gardens be closed during Glow at the Gardens?
Specific gardens (including Mordecai Children’s Garden) are not included as part of the Glow at the Gardens pathway and are closed off from entry during the event.
Are pets allowed at Glow at the Gardens?
Pets are not permitted at this event. Service dogs/animals are allowed.