Our York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on Oct. 23, 24 & 25; open for Glow at the Gardens.
The Gardens dresses up for Halloween with luminaria-lined pathways, spooky lighting displays and hundreds of carved, glowing gourds.
Using all real pumpkins harvested from local farms, our pumpkin artists push the boundaries of traditional pumpkin carving to create larger-than-life sculptures, dense displays of jack-o-lanterns and ornately detailed showpiece pumpkins. In addition to the pumpkin sculptures and creepy atmosphere, enjoy a wide array of activities, including:
- LED performers from Mesmerie Entertainment
- Spooky storytelling from Stories with Spirit
- Strolling magic tricks from Chad Wonder
- Pumpkin carving demos from world-class pumpkin carvers
- Glow-in-the-dark cornhole
- Halloween carnival games
- Hands-on crafts and coloring
- Scavenger hunt
- Halloween trivia wheel
Seasonal food and beverages are available for purchase at Offshoots Café, Hive Garden Bistro and our cash bars. Credit cards accepted at all locations. Here are the special menu offerings.
Sign up for our special add-on activities when you order your tickets. Don’t wait to buy at the door, we anticipate selling out!
- NEW THIS YEAR! Pumpkin Carving with the Pros: Enjoy a one-hour workshop with our expert pumpkin carvers to learn how to make the gourds on your porch the envy of the neighborhood. Each participant will receive their own pumpkin to carve and keep, along with templates, tips and tricks for using the techniques for years to come. Ages 16 and up. $25 advance, $30 at the door
- Spooky Garden in a Jar: Create a unique Halloween decoration to take home with you! Choose from a variety of stones, mosses, sticks and an array of fall and Halloween-themed miniatures to build a miniature garden in a jar. $15 advance, $20 at the door
Glow at the Gardens Photo Contest
- Share your Glow 2018 photos on Instagram
- Tag @denverbotanic
- Use #DBGGlow and #DBGContest
- Enter by October 26
- Winners will be announced Oct. 31
1st Prize: Four Blossoms of Light tickets & $25 gift card to the Shop at the Gardens
2nd Prize: Two Blossoms of Light tickets
3rd Prize: Two Gardens general admission tickets
SPECIAL THANKS TO
Is this event appropriate for all ages?
Yes. Glow at the Gardens features a wide variety of activities. Guests can choose how they wish to spend their evening.
Is it scary?
Not very. Spooky illusions, props and sound effects are featured in certain areas. The activities and sculptures do not include graphic or violent content.
How many of your pumpkins are real?
Every single one! Every pumpkin and jack-o-lantern featured at the event was harvested from a local farm and hand-carved by our pumpkin carving team. The sculptures are supported by metal or wooden armatures, with the occasional use of props, however the pumpkins themselves are all real.
Are costumes permitted?
Yes! We encourage guests to wear costumes. Masks or weapons (real or fake) are NOT permitted.
Why do I have to buy a ticket for a specific entry window?
By staggering the arrival of our visitors, we hope to provide a better visitor experience for all. Once inside the Gardens, visitors may stay as long as the event is open.
May I use my tickets on any night of Glow at the Gardens?
No. Please attend Glow at the Gardens on the date you purchased tickets for, and during the entry window listed on your ticket. Glow at the Gardens takes place rain, snow or shine.
When should I buy my tickets?
We highly recommend purchasing tickets in advance as this event sells out each year.
If tickets are sold out online, will there be tickets available at the door?
No, there will not be tickets available for sale at the door on sold out nights.
Is there parking?
Free parking is available in our parking garage. However, parking is limited and fills quickly. If you park in the surrounding neighborhood on a side street, please be respectful of our neighbors. Please consider using these alternate modes of transportation:
- Lyft: Any new user who enters the code GARDENS18 gets $5 off first three rides. Existing users can save 20 percent off a single ride to or from the Gardens using code GLOW18 on Oct. 17, 18, 23, 24 or 25.
- car2go: There are seven dedicated parking spots on the top floor of the York Street parking structure.
- B-Cycle: There is a B-Cycle station next to our York Street entrance.
- RTD: There is a stop at the Gardens’ York Street entrance.
What forms of payment will be accepted?
Cash and credit cards are accepted. There is no ATM onsite.
Is there a coat check?
Is Glow at the Gardens ADA accessible?
Yes, but keep in mind that some paths are narrow and could be muddy.
Are there wheelchairs or strollers available onsite?
Wheelchairs and strollers can be checked out at the Information Desk in the Boettcher Memorial Center. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations are accepted.
Will any areas of the Gardens be closed during Glow at the Gardens?
The Boettcher Memorial Tropical Conservatory and Mordecai Children’s Garden will not be open during Glow at the Gardens. Certain areas of the Gardens will also be closed for guest safety.
Are pets allowed at Glow at the Gardens?
Pets are not permitted at this event. Service dogs/animals are allowed.