Blossoms of Light
York Street Location
Join us for one of the Gardens’ signature events! For three decades this annual holiday light extravaganza has transformed our York Street location into a twinkling wonderland. In line with our core value of sustainability, all lights used are LED.
Holiday treats and warm drinks will be available for purchase at Offshoots Café and the Hive Garden Bistro.
Ticket purchase and member FAQ
- Tickets must be purchased in advance for a specific time. No onsite ticket sales.
- Last entry is 9 p.m. The event ends at 9:45 p.m.
- Closed Nov. 23 and Dec. 25.
Host your holiday party at Blossoms of Light: Give your guests a truly illuminating end-of-year celebration. Decide which of our unique event spaces will make for a night your guests won’t forget. For more information, email email@example.com.
Engagements during Blossoms of Light: Planning to pop the question this holiday season? There’s no better setting than Blossoms of Light! Our Merry & Bright engagement package has everything you need to make this moment even more magical—except for the ring, of course. Our private events team will begin accepting inquiries this fall.
Volunteer at Blossoms of Light: Volunteer opportunities include greeting visitors and providing information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about volunteering at this event.
Are you looking for a holiday lights experience in Littleton, CO? Visit Trail of Lights at Chatfield Farms.
Blossoms of Light 2022
Ticket prices will be announced this summer.
Ticket on-sale dates:
- President’s Circle, Garden Leader, Director’s Circle, Four Seasons, Patron, Supporter, Gardens Plus – Wednesday, Nov. 1
- Friends & Family – Thursday, Nov. 2
- Dual Plus, Individual Plus – Friday, Nov. 3
- General public tickets open Monday, Nov. 6
- Date exchanges are possible with a $5 fee up to 72 hours before the entry time listed on your ticket, pending availability. Fee waived for members. Call our Resource Center at 720-865-3500 (daily, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) to inquire about an exchange.
Group pricing is not available for special events. Become a member for discounted ticket prices.
Ticket purchase subject to availability; membership does not guarantee ticket to event.
Blossoms of Light: Behind the Scenes
What are the best nights to visit Blossoms of Light?
The display is beautiful every night. We recommend braving the cold to see the lights under a fresh layer of snow for a truly magical experience and great photos.
May I use my tickets on any night of Blossoms of Light?
No, please attend Blossoms of Light on the date you purchased your tickets for. If your plans change, call 720-865-3500 to inquire about an exchange. Date exchanges are possible with a $5 fee up to 72 hours before the entry time listed on your ticket, pending availability. Fee waived for members.
When should I buy my tickets and will there be tickets available at the door?
Tickets must be purchased in advance. We highly recommend purchasing tickets as far in advance as you can as we anticipate selling out most nights of Blossoms of Light several days or even weeks in advance.
There will not be tickets available for sale at the door.
Do I have to arrive right at the time on my ticket and do I need to change my ticket time if I am running late?
We ask that you arrive within 30 minutes after the time listed on your ticket.
You do not need to change your ticket time if you're running late.
Can I use my SNAP EBT card or the Five by Five Program card for entry?
SNAP discount and the Five by Five program do not apply to Blossoms of Light entry.
Is there parking or are there parking restrictions?
Free parking is available in our parking structure. However, parking in the structure is limited and fills quickly. Parking in the surrounding neighborhood is restricted on some streets; please check street signs. All parked vehicles are required to have a current residential parking permit on streets where restrictions are posted on the dates listed. Denver Botanic Gardens is not responsible for parking tickets or towing fees.
Consider these alternate modes of transportation to avoid parking issues:
- RTD: Use routes #24 (York and Josephine Streets) or #10 (12th Avenue) to access the Gardens.
- Bicycle Colorado and Bike Streets: The Gardens joins Bicycle Colorado and Bike Streets in encouraging cycling as a form of transportation. Bike racks are available at the York Street main entrance.
What kind of clothes should I wear and is there a coat check?
Blossoms of Light is an outdoor event. Though the path is concrete, we suggest wearing shoes with good traction. Please come prepared for the weather conditions. There is not a coat check.
Does Blossoms of Light take place during severe weather events?
- Blossoms of Light takes place rain, snow or shine; please prepare accordingly and come dressed for the current weather conditions
- Blossoms of Light is an outdoor event along a concrete path. We recommend wearing shoes with good traction. The Gardens strives to keep parking lots and pathways clear of snow and ice, but slippery sections may persist under certain conditions.
- In the event of a closure or cancellation due to weather, ticket holders will be notified by email.
How long does it take to walk around the path?
It takes 60-75 minutes to see the whole display.
Is Blossoms of Light ADA accessible and are wheelchairs or strollers available onsite?
Yes, but keep in mind that the paths may be icy in spots. Please use caution. Wheelchairs and strollers can be checked out on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations are accepted. Learn more about accessibility at the Gardens.
Are there any photography restrictions at Blossoms of Light?
Camera tripods and drones may not be used, though monopods are permitted. Professional portrait photography permits cannot be purchased for Blossoms of Light and are not allowed. View our York Street Photo Policy for questions about what types of photography is permitted. We’d love to see your personal photos on social media! Use #BlossomsofLight when you post.
Will any areas of the Gardens be closed during Blossoms of Light?
Specific gardens (including Mordecai Children’s Garden) are not included as part of the Blossoms of Light pathway and are closed off from entry during the event. Individual spaces may be closed to the public during certain hours when hosting a private event.