Top 5 Reasons to Attend Lavender Festival
Lavender Festival at Chatfield Farms is a great place to experience all of your favorite summer activities for a number of reasons. Here are our top five:
- Farmers Market: New to the festival this year and hosted by Chatfield Farms’ Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) team, is an opportunity to shop for fresh produce from some of the partners of our CSA program. Be sure to stop by their booth located near the entrance of the festival and pick up fresh microgreens, veggies, cookies and more.
- Art Demonstrations: This year we are working with several talented artists that come from the Santa Fe Art District. Check out live painting and pottery demonstrations in Deer Creek Stables as well as a muralist working on a piece near our outdoor amphitheater.
- Live Music: Enjoy a line-up of local Colorado bands performing in the amphitheater. Listen to the music while you stroll through our craft vendor booths and play lawn games or grab a seat on the grass to take a break and simply enjoy. You can also catch The Altaira Flute Ensemble performing in the Lavender Garden.
- Nature: Experience all the magic that is Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms. Our Lavender Garden is in full bloom and the highlight of the festival. Explore all the gardens and historical buildings onsite and maybe catch a farm or garden tour (advance registration for tours required, capped per tour).
- Kids’ Activities: Promising fun for the whole family are also several activities for the kids to enjoy. We have barrel train rides and a craft area where kids can plant their own flower to take home in a container that they decorate.
Lavender Festival runs Saturday & Sunday, July 16 & 17. Tickets are on sale now, so get yours today.
- ‹ Previous Article: Amache Roses: A commitment to remembering injustices of the past
- Next Article: What’s That Buzz? A Pollination Syndrome in Your Garden ›