Earth Day 2022 at Denver Botanic Gardens
Earth Day is almost here. This is a great day to celebrate our planet and show our appreciation for all it provides us with by implementing more sustainable practices to our daily lives and routines. At Denver Botanic Gardens, sustainability is a top priority and is one of our core values as a public institution.
We welcome you to join us on Thursday, April 21, for our monthly SCFD Free Day and an Earth Day celebration event where you will not only see beautiful gardens and spring-blooming bulbs, trees and plants, but also a variety of hands-on educational demonstrations:
- sustainable gardening techniques & practices that you can take home and apply to your garden and landscape
- learn about composting and soil amendment techniques
- all-natural insect and pest management practices
- beneficial pollinators found in Colorado
There will be fun activities such as:
- flower-matching games
- learning carts
- DIY insect hotel tutorials
- engaging tours that show how the Gardens helps keep our environment green
The new Gold LEED-certified Freyer –Newman Center building will also be open, and the Sturm Family Auditorium will show Earth Day-related films and documentaries that are great for the whole family.
Come to Denver Botanic Gardens on Thursday, April 21, to be part of our Earth Day celebration event and be inspired to continue making our community more environmentally friendly and sustainable! See the full schedule of activities.
- ‹ Previous Article: Make Your Event Flourish at the Gardens
- Next Article: City Nature Challenge: Meet Your Neighbors ›