Off the Clock: Vintage Victorian
Pick up your parasol and polish your monocle! Learn about the iconic age of botany at our third Off the Clock event. Vintage Victorian will take place from 6-10 p.m. on Friday, April 1, 2016. Come dressed in your best Victorian attire, whether it’s classical, gothic or steampunk. This event caters to all!
For only $12 for members, $17 for non-members (advance ticket prices--$5 more per ticket the night of the event if it is not sold out), you will be able to enjoy the Boettcher Memorial Tropical Conservatory, a space that is rarely open after dark. Docents will be stationed throughout the Boettcher Tropical Conservatory and Orangery, giving talks about plants, their meanings, and the history of conservatories and orangeries in this self-guided tour.
Enjoy tunes from Cheza String Ensembles and Nate Hance. Bring a partner and participate in a waltz dancing lesson with Adventures in Dance. The Legendary Ladies will perform their “Unconventional Women of the West” show in Gates Hall. Sip a cup of hot tea while Judy Williams discusses how to properly enjoy tea Victorian style in her “Tea Talk.”
Now, you may be asking yourself, what take-homes can I expect to receive? Several activities will be available during your evening of fun. Our Research Department will host a booth where guests will learn about the Gardens’ herbaria and create their own ‘herbarium specimen’ to take home. As ladies and gentlemen did in the Victorian Age, guests will mount dried flowers onto paper. Take home your Off the Clock memory with a photo from the Social Light photo booth. Want to know about meaningful bouquets? Create your own Tussie-Mussie with a unique meaning. Check out the mini-bouquets created during our Feb. 5 Off the Clock: Plants of Passion event.
- Savor some tea sandwiches or chocolate dipped cream puffs from our specialty themed menu available for purchase (while supplies last) from Offshoots Café, open 6-9 p.m.
- Stop by the cash bar for some libations.
- Activities, dancing and fun--there is something for everyone at Off the Clock: Vintage Victorian!
- All the Off the Clock’s fun takes place indoors.
Celebrate spring at Off the Clock: Vintage Victorian. Tickets are limited so purchase yours today!
- ‹ Previous Article: Icelandic Beginning: Columbines and Poppies
- Next Article: Plants for sale! Plants for sale! ›