V for Vegetables
V for Vegetables is a bilingual exhibition featuring inspirational artworks celebrating the capacity of the everyday citizen to support their community (and themselves) in times of strife. Victory gardens—vegetable gardens designed to produce food instead of flowers—originated with wartime food efforts but continue to flourish through home gardens, farmers markets and more.
Explore the history of the victory gardening movement through seed catalogs from Denver Botanic Gardens' special collections, and a variety of vintage materials demonstrating the significance and scale of the victory garden effort. Offer your visitors a fun and relevant exhibit showcasing the delicious (and healthy) bounty that can be grown at home with an exhibition curated and organized by the Gardens.
- 25 framed works including framed historical poster and seed catalog reproductions, and vintage ads and recipes. Object list available upon request.
- Introductory panel and object labels in both English and Spanish.
- Press kit including sample press release, three high-resolution images for press use and accompanying image credits.
Available for additional fee:
- Historical film clips, both live-action and animation, formatted in a ready-to-show digital file.
- Curator-led docent training
Exhibition fee: $3,000
Availability: Available from April 2022
Running feet: 60 linear feet (minimum)
Installation and consultation services available for an additional fee. For more information and booking inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.