Shop remaining inventory of plants in the following divisions: Annuals, Aquatics, Fruits & Berries, Grown at the Gardens, Herbs, Houseplants, Perennial Classics, Plant Select®, Rock Alpine, Roses, Specialty Succulents, Summer Bulbs and Vegetables.
Plus, check out some additional items exclusive to the in-person sale:
- "Plant Potluck" collections from Container Garden in a Bag – designed by our horticulturists for a surprise assortment in your favorite patio container.
- Pre-potted Specialty Succulents in beautiful, handmade pots.
- Any remaining inventory will be available for purchase in person after all online orders have been fulfilled.
- Items will be priced by pot size, with select items individually marked.
- Capacity limits, social distancing and one-way aisles inside the shopping area will be observed, and masks are strongly encouraged.
- Credit/debit will be the only accepted forms of payment.
Orders placed during the online portion of Spring Plant Sale will be available for curbside pick-up May 6-8 at the Gardens’ York Street location on the top deck of the parking structure.
Do Denver Botanic Gardens members receive a discount?
Members must present their member card to receive the 10 percent discount at the "last chance" in-person sale; please note that discounts cannot be combined.
Can I browse a list of plants and other products before the sale begins?
Because the in-person sale includes limited inventory, a detailed list of species will not be available.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Masks are strongly encouraged while shopping Spring Plant Sale.
How do I pay for my order?
Credit and debit cards are the only accepted forms of payment. Cash and checks are NOT accepted.
Will shopping carts be available during Spring Plant Sale?
A limited number of carts will be available, however we highly encourage guests to bring their own wagons, wheelbarrows or carts.
Do I have to carry my plants all the way to my car?
No! Complimentary plant valet will be available for customers. This service allows customers to drop off plants in order to go get their vehicle without having to carry their purchase. Plant valet attendants can also assist with loading plants into vehicles.
What is your refund policy?
Where do I get care information about the plants I purchased?
Basic information about each plant is listed on the online store. For planting and care tips, we recommend reaching out to the CSU Extension Master Gardeners in your county. Learn more at https://cmg.extension.colostate.edu. You can also email Colorado Master Gardeners at email@example.com with specific plant inquiries. Please allow 2-3 business days for a response.