Whether it’s your first ever houseplant or you’re planting a whole garden, there’s something for every gardener at our annual Spring Plant Sale! Get advice and inspiration from our expert horticulturalists while you browse fifteen different plant divisions: Annuals, Aquatics, Container Garden in a Bag, Fruits & Berries, Grown at the Gardens, Herbs, Houseplants, Perennial Classics, Plant Select®, Rock Alpine, Roses, Specialty Succulents, Summer Bulbs, Vegetables and Water-Smart.
- Arrive early for the best selection. Admission is free, but reservations are required.
- Ticket reservations subject to availability; membership does not guarantee ticket to event.
- Member-only shopping is available from 8-9 a.m. Reservations are required.
- Last entry is 4 p.m. The event ends at 5 p.m.
- Bring your own wagon, cart or wheelbarrow to transport plants.
- Credit/debit cards and checks are the only accepted forms of payment.
- Members receive 10 percent off all purchases (must present proof of active membership).
- Free parking is available in our parking garage, accessible from either York Street or Josephine Street. Spaces are limited. Street parking is available, but please be respectful of our neighbors and observe all parking restrictions.
Check back in April to see a shopping guide and sale site map.
Receive exclusive access to unique plants before the sale opens to the public. Guests enjoy a fabulous spread of treats, wine and beer. This event sells out — purchase early to secure your ticket.
Thursday, May 11
$55 in advance, $60 at the door (if available)
Ticket purchase details to be announced this spring
Come volunteer with us! Opportunities include selling plants, greeting shoppers and assisting with checkout. Volunteers will receive 10 percent off all Spring Plant Sale purchases.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about volunteering. Individuals and groups welcome.
Importance of Sustainable Gardens
In light of climate change and urban development, it is more important than ever that we reexamine the plants used in our landscapes. A huge variety of native, steppe and adapted plants that will thrive in Colorado’s climate and soil will be available at Spring Plant Sale.
Will there be an online portion at this year’s Spring Plant Sale?
No, the sale will take place entirely in-person.
Do Denver Botanic Gardens members receive a discount?
Can I browse a list of plants and other products before the sale begins?
Yes. Check back in April for a shopping guide.
What forms of payment will be accepted at the sale?
Credit/debit cards and checks will be accepted at the sale; cash purchases cannot be accommodated.
Will shopping carts be available during Spring Plant Sale?
A limited number of carts will be available. However, we highly encourage guests to bring their own wagons, wheelbarrows or carts.
Do I have to carry my plants all the way to my car?
No! A complimentary plant valet will be available for all customers. This service allows you to drop off plants and retrieve your vehicle without having to carry your purchases. Plant valet attendants can also assist with loading plants into your vehicle.
What is your refund policy?
All sales are final. Refunds will not be issued for plants purchased at Spring Plant Sale.
Where do I get care information about the plants I purchased?
Basic information about each plant is listed on a placard at the sale. We invite shoppers to take photos of these placards as they shop. For additional planting and care tips, we recommend reaching out to the CSU Extension Master Gardeners in your county. You can also email Colorado Master Gardeners at email@example.com with specific plant inquiries. Please allow 2-3 business days for a response.