Spring Plant Sale
York Street Location
Whether it’s your first ever houseplant or you’re planting a whole garden, there’s something for every gardener at our annual Spring Plant Sale! Get advice and inspiration from our expert horticulturalists while you browse 15 different plant divisions: Annuals, Aquatics, Container Garden in a Bag, Fruits & Berries, Grown at the Gardens, Herbs, Houseplants, Perennial Classics, Plant Select®, Rock Alpine, Roses, Specialty Succulents, Summer Bulbs, Vegetables and Water-Smart.
Reservations information and member FAQ.
- Arrive early for the best selection. Admission is free, but reservations are required.
- Member-only shopping is available from 8-9 a.m. Reservations are required.
- Ticket reservations subject to availability; membership does not guarantee ticket to event.
- Last entry is 4 p.m. The event ends at 5 p.m.
- Bring your own wagon, cart or wheelbarrow to transport plants.
- Credit/debit cards and checks are the only accepted forms of payment.
- Members receive 10 percent off all purchases (must present proof of active membership).
- Free parking is available in our parking garage, accessible from either York Street or Josephine Street. Spaces are limited. Street parking is available, but please be respectful of our neighbors and observe all parking restrictions.
- The Boettcher Memorial Tropical Conservatory and the Science Pyramid are closed during Spring Plant Sale.
Check back in April to see a shopping guide and sale site map.
Receive exclusive access to unique plants before the sale opens to the public. Guests enjoy a fabulous spread of treats, wine and beer. This event sells out — purchase early to secure your ticket.
Thursday, May 11
$55 in advance, $60 at the door (if available)
Ticket purchase details to be announced this spring
A variety of positions are available such as cashier assistants, plant valet and entry/tunnel greeters. Volunteers will receive 10 percent off all Spring Plant Sale purchases.
Spring Plant Sale Volunteer Application
Email email@example.com with questions about volunteering. Individuals and groups welcome.
Reservations (staggered release based on membership level):
- President’s Circle, Garden Leader, Director’s Circle, Four Seasons, Patron, Supporter, Gardens Plus – April 5, 10 a.m.
- Friends & Family – April 6, 10 a.m.
- Dual Plus and Individual Plus – April 7, 10 a.m.
- General public reservations open April 10, 10 a.m. for Spring Plant Sale.
Importance of Sustainable Gardens
In light of climate change and urban development, it is more important than ever that we reexamine the plants used in our landscapes. A huge variety of native, steppe and adapted plants that will thrive in Colorado’s climate and soil will be available at Spring Plant Sale.
Learn about more Denver Botanic Gardens' water-wise initiatives and programs.
Spring Plant Sale Pregame - Right Plant, Right Place
Spring Plant Sale at Denver Botanic Gardens offers so many different types of plants that shoppers may not know where to begin! New this year, we
Will there be an online portion at this year’s Spring Plant Sale?
No, the sale will take place entirely in-person.
Do Denver Botanic Gardens members receive a discount?
Members must present their digital membership card to receive the 10 percent discount. Download our mobile app to easily access your membership card and tickets; download the app for Apple devices or Android devices. Please note that discounts cannot be combined.
Can I browse a list of plants and other products before the sale begins?
Yes. Check back in April for a shopping guide.
What forms of payment will be accepted at the sale?
Credit/debit cards and checks will be accepted at the sale; cash purchases cannot be accommodated.
Will shopping carts be available during Spring Plant Sale?
A limited number of carts will be available. However, we highly encourage guests to bring their own wagons, wheelbarrows or carts.
Do I have to carry my plants all the way to my car?
No! A complimentary plant valet will be available for all customers. This service allows you to drop off plants and retrieve your vehicle without having to carry your purchases. Plant valet attendants can also assist with loading plants into your vehicle.
Will the Shop at the Gardens be open during the sale?
Yes! The Shop at the Gardens will be open during all sale hours, including the Preview Party.
Will I be able to purchase food and beverage at the sale?
Offshoots Café and the Hive Garden Bistro will be open on Friday and Saturday, with in-person and online ordering available.
- Offshoots Café: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (4:30 p.m. is last food order, drink service will continue to 5 p.m.)
- The Hive: 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (4:30 p.m. is last food order, drink service will continue to 5 p.m.)
Where do I get care information about the plants I purchased?
Basic information about each plant is listed on a placard at the sale. We invite shoppers to take photos of these placards as they shop. For additional planting and care tips, we recommend reaching out to the CSU Extension Master Gardeners in your county. You can also email Colorado Master Gardeners at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific plant inquiries. Please allow 2-3 business days for a response.