York Street Location
See hundreds of exotic blooms, including rare orchids from the Gardens’ collection. The Showcase is a great idea for a Valentine’s Day activity. Included with admission to the Gardens. The Showcase is open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the Orangery.
Unique orchids in the Gardens’ living collection, related botanical illustrations, orchid care tips and fun facts will be featured on the Gardens' Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter.
Colorado orchid grower Fantasy Orchids will be in the Orangery on the dates below selling orchids, while supplies last. Members receive a 10 percent discount on orchid purchases by presenting a valid digital membership card or member admission ticket. General admission is required for access to the sale.
- Saturdays: Jan. 14, 21 & 28, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Saturdays: Feb. 4, 11 & 18, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Orchid Showcase Photo Contest
Visitors can enter up to three photos taken at the Gardens’ 2023 Orchid Showcase. Three winners will receive an orchid from the display and a gift card from the contest sponsor, Mike’s Camera.
- Publish up to three (3) photos on Instagram or Facebook
- Tag the Gardens and Mike's Camera (include #DBGOrchids23 and #MyMikesCamera)
- All photos must be taken at the 2023 Orchid Showcase
- Entry is open Jan. 12 – Feb. 20
- Contestants who submit more than three photos or after Feb. 20 will be eliminated from the contest
- Three winners, selected by Mike’s Camera staff, will be announced on Feb. 24 and notified via IG or FB direct message
- General admission is required to view the Orchid Showcase
- Jan. 16 and Feb. 16 are SCFD Free Days.
- Advanced online registration is required
- Tickets will be released on the 15th of the current month for the following month
- 1st: $100 Mike’s Camera gift card, orchid plant
- 2nd: $50 Mike’s Camera gift card, orchid plant
- 3rd: $25 Mike’s Camera gift card, orchid plant