How long does it take to complete the Botanical Illustration Foundational Certificate Program?
Can I transfer courses from another institution and have them count towards Foundational Certificate?
How are the programs taught online?
Just like our in-person classes, our online courses are small to foster personal attention and community. Using Zoom, your instructor will lead you through a series of exercises and demonstrations. They will give feedback within the class or via email.
How do I register for a course, workshop or talk?
Can I take any course or workshop I want?
Yes (sort of). Our courses are open to everyone; however, some Botanical Illustration Foundational Certificate Program courses have prerequisites. Be sure to read the full course description before registering to make sure you have taken the required prerequisite class(es).
How do I prepare for my course or workshop?
- Once you register you will receive an email with a course syllabus, including the materials you need for the course (and a Zoom link if your course is online). Please read this carefully and make sure to gather everything you need.
- Some courses have supplies included. This will be noted in the course description as well as on the materials list.
- If materials are included and your course is online, they will be shipped to you at the mailing address you provided.
- There is a small additional shipping fee for packages that must be shipped outside of Colorado.
- If your course is online, you will also need to prepare a workspace and check your technology.
What is the cancelation policy and what do I do if I need to cancel or change a registration?
Most of the time, if you need to cancel your registration more than one week prior to the class start date, there is a 15 percent cancelation fee. Cancelations less than one week prior to class are non-refundable. Some classes have additional cancelation policies. These will be detailed in your registration confirmation and noted in the original course description.
If a class does not have enough registrations, it will be canceled no later than one week prior to the class start date. You will receive an email with instructions on how to obtain your full refund.
If you need to cancel or change a registration, contact our Resource Center by emailing email@example.com or calling 720-865-3500. It is helpful for the Resource Center staff if you can reference your reservation number and the name and dates of the course (included in your confirmation email).
Who can take these courses? (Do I need to have an art background? Do I need to know about plants?)
These courses are open to everyone with an interest in botanical art or botanical illustration. You do not need to have art experience, or any special knowledge of plants. Our instructors can teach you all you need to know. Some of the courses DO have prerequisites so be sure to check the full course description before registering.
Is there any assistance with the course fees?
Thanks to the generous support from Botanical Interests, the School of Botanical Art & Illustration can offer an annual scholarship for Botanical Illustration Foundational Certificate Program core courses. The application is typically due mid-November.
How often are new courses added to the schedule?
New courses may be added at any time, however, courses generally open for registration quarterly:
- Mid-December for January – March courses
- Mid-March for April – June courses
- Mid-June for July – September courses
- Mid-September for October – December courses
In addition, if waitlists warrant, we will attempt to schedule additional offerings of popular classes, so please add your name if your desired course is full.