The York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on July 1 and 2 for concerts.
“We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it and really look after it and nurture it.”
-- John Lennon
The Shop at the Gardens has a wonderful selection of gifts that can nurture a loved one this Valentine’s Day.
- The Shop has a large selection of fashion accessories, including these garden-inspired earrings that are lovingly handmade in Longmont, Colorado. Hypoallergenic ear wires, 18K gold-filled or sterling with semiprecious stones. $25
- This heart-shaped recycled glass dish is a Denver Botanic Gardens exclusive and features gold butterflies. Handmade in California. $88
- Each of these handmade, painted porcelain bud vases is a unique modern statement inspired by nature, whether filled with fresh flowers or used by themselves as sculpture in the home. Assorted shapes, patterns and colors. $14.95 - $28.95
- Foaming hand soaps with shea butter and aloe vera for gentle cleansing and moisturizing. Assorted floral scents. $14.95
- This heart-shaped wind chime is handmade with 100% recycled metal and glass by a fair trade company in India. $85.95
- Stoneglow votive tumblers are hand-poured in the United Kingdom using real botanicals. They have a 15- hour burn time and the candle can be replaced. $28.95
The Shop at the Gardens is open daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Gardens admission is not required to shop.