In anticipation of the completion of the Freyer – Newman Center, which will house a newly constructed library, research labs and art galleries, Denver Botanic Gardens is hosting teen-only focus groups with teens ages 13-18. The new spaces in the Freyer – Newman Center will provide opportunities for expanded innovative community and educational programming.
In order to learn more about opportunities teens would like to see here at the Gardens, we are holding small focus groups on Sunday, Nov. 24 to learn more about how the Gardens can better support and engage our teen audience.
If you are a teen or know a teen interested in becoming more involved at Denver Botanic Gardens this opportunity is for you!
Interested? Here’s what you’ll need to know:
- Focus group sessions will take place at the Gardens’ York Street location on Sunday, Nov. 24 from 1:30-3 p.m., or 3:30-5 p.m. You will only be required to attend one session.
- Each session will consist of 5-10 teens ages 13-18 and will be 90 minutes long.
- During the focus groups, teens will be led through guided, informal conversations and activities that concentrate on the hobbies and interests of teens, what they like to do in their free time and why.
- As a thank you for their time, teens will receive a $25 Amazon gift card upon completion of the focus group session.
- If teens participate, they agree to be recorded during the session (audio only). A release form will be provided for a guardian’s approval and signature.
- Fill out the Teen Focus Group Inquiry Form to submit your interest in participating. Inquiry forms must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 15, 2019. Space is limited in our focus groups. The focus groups will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- A Gardens staff member will reach out to you by Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2019 to confirm your focus group session time.
Questions? Email email@example.com.