The city is repaving York Street from 6th to 13th Avenues and the road will be closed Aug. 15-23. Please enter and exit our parking lot from Josephine Street. York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 26 for a private event. Other early closings.
Botanical art and illustration is the centuries-old tradition of portraying plants for scientific purposes, recording vanishing species for historical record, and capturing the beauty and inspiration we experience in the flora of our world.
In our School of Botanical Art & Illustration, the core curriculum provides comprehensive instruction in the artistic techniques aesthetic vision you’ll need to render plants in remarkable scientific detail, creating beautiful and lasting plant portraits.
- 2016 Summer/Fall Botanical Art & Illustration course catalog
- Download the printable 2016 Summer/Fall Botanical Art & Illustration course catalog
Beginners acquire new knowledge and skills, and experienced artists refine their techniques and find fresh directions for their work. Instructors meet participants where they are in the botanical art and illustration journey. All students enjoy small classes in a positive and encouraging atmosphere.
Nearly 200 courses and workshops are offered each year. Those interested are encouraged to sample the program with an introductory course or jump right into the core curriculum.
- General information about the School of Botanical Art & Illustration
- Application for Diploma in Botanical Illustration
- Scholarship Program
- Café Botanique — these free lectures bring Botanical Art and Illustration students, Gardens' members, the general public, academia and artists together to discuss botanical science, research and art. Preregistration is required for one elective course credit.
- Facebook page
- Contact the School of Botanical Art & Illustration