Gain professional experience working with Denver Botanic Gardens' therapeutic horticulture team, leading and supporting program activities and assisting in the daily maintenance of the Sensory Garden. The horticultural therapy intern will create and facilitate participant activities that both fulfill the needs of the Gardens’ horticultural therapy program and their personal interests. Note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, most contact hours in 2021 may take place in virtual settings.
Internships are hands-on horticulture jobs. Much of the work is outdoors. Applicants should be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
If applying for an internship in horticulture, successful completion of a basic botany or introduction to horticulture class and at least one plant ID class is required. Additionally, a minimum of two courses in the following topics are required: soil science, greenhouse management, floriculture, irrigation principles, IPM, organic crop production, plant physiology, and/or plant propagation.
Our horticulture internships are designed for students who have completed several introductory level horticulture courses and are interested in exploring a career in public horticulture.
All application materials must be received at Denver Botanic Gardens by Friday, February 5, 2021 and must include the following:
- Completed Denver Botanic Gardens application form – available online below as a writable PDF or in hard copy through our Human Resources Department
- Current resume detailing work history and horticulture-related activities
- All college transcripts showing class work and including cumulative GPA
- Two letters of reference that reflect academic and/or work experience
- Please note: the selection committee will not be able to consider your application if all materials have not been received by the due date.
The completed application packet as outlined above can be emailed to: email@example.com. All application emails must include your name and the word “internship” in the subject line. Application materials can also be sent via regular mail to:
Denver Botanic Gardens
Attn: Human Resources – Internship
909 York Street
Denver, CO 80206
Denver Botanic Gardens is a nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are only accepted for open positions.