Denver Botanic Gardens’ York Street location will open with capped numbers and timed tickets on Friday, May 22. Here are details on what to expect upon your return. Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms’ re-opening is yet to be determined.
Thematic Open Studio - ONLINE
During these 45-min meetings you are working with a defined project. You get your assignment prior the class and will then be guided through the task through demonstration and a group critique session. Each Zoom session is seperate and requires registration for the specific session.
Fee: $25/ session member, $35/session non-member.
1. April 24, 1 p.m.: Learn about halos (Pen and Ink) - subject matter: twisted leaf
2. May 1, 1 p.m.: Practice drawing cupped flowers using shape and values (Graphite) - subject matter: tulip
3. May 8, 1 p.m.: Create form, pattern and color using stipple and line (Pen and Ink) - subject matter: pansy or violet
4. May 22, 1 p.m.: Learn how to measure, use an angle finder, and create realistic cast shadows (Graphite) - subject matter: spiky cactus
5. May 28, 1 p.m.: Practice foreshortening using perspective techniques (Graphite) - subject matter: a composite flower