Winter Green Program
During the winter months, the Gardens goes offsite for the Winter Green programs. Participants are connected with plants in their place of residential care to engage the senses and provide social enrichment.
Includes a sensory tour of potted plants at your facility and one of the following hands-on activities of your choice:
- Herbal Tea Blending – Create custom tea blends. Develops fine motor skills and stimulates the senses in a highly social setting. Suitable for all levels of function.
- Container Herb Garden – Create your own herb garden that features culinary plants for touch, scent, and sight. Promotes fine motor skills, hand/eye coordination and sensory exploration. Suitable for all levels of function.
- Topiary – Create your own ivy topiary. Learn how to make a frame, transplant an ivy plant and train the plant to grow on the frame. Promotes fine motor skills, hand/eye coordination and creative expression. Suitable for all levels of function.
Programs offered by reservation only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-865-3613 with questions.
Availability: Weekdays, November through March
Times: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Payment is due upon booking.
- Cancellations made at least one week prior to the program will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations with less than one week notice (weather cancellations excepted) are not refundable.
- If the cancellation is made by the Gardens, we’ll reschedule.