Our York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 24 for Fête des Fleurs. More early closings.
Winter Green Program
During the winter months, the Gardens goes offsite for the Winter Green programs. Participants are connected with plants in their place of residential care to engage the senses and provide social enrichment.
Includes a sensory tour of potted plants at your facility and one of the following hands-on activities of your choice:
- Seed Art – Create a one of a kind picture or mosaic out of various unique seeds. Promotes hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and creative expression. Seed art is suitable for all levels of function.
- Hardy Houseplants – Decorate pots and choose from a variety of hardy houseplants to transplant. Engages sense of touch, sight and smell, and helps trigger memories of the past.
- Terrariums – Create an open or closed-air terrarium from hardy houseplants. Develops fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination. Suitable for all levels of function.
Availability: Weekdays, November through March
Times: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Cost: $70 for-profits, $60 nonprofits
- Payment is due upon booking.
- Cancellations made at least one week prior to the program will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations with less than one week notice (weather cancellations excepted) are not refundable.
- If the cancellation is made by the Gardens, we’ll reschedule.