Our York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on June 22, 25 and 27 for concerts. More early closings.
Parking & Transportation
Limited free parking is available in our parking complex between York and Josephine streets. Street parking is available in Cheesman Park or Congress Park, where posted.
- Vans — Due to height restrictions, vans should park on the top deck of the parking complex.
- RVs — Due to weight restrictions, RVs are not permitted in the parking complex.
Please consider using these alternate modes of transportation:
- Lyft: New User Code is GARDENS18 - Any new user who enters the code gets $5 off first three rides. Enter your phone number from your smart phone and download the app with the code pre-loaded.
- car2go: There are seven dedicated parking spots on the top floor of the York Street parking structure.
- B-Cycle: There is a B-Cycle station next to our York Street entrance.
- RTD: Use routes #24 (York and Josephine Streets) and/or #10 (12th Avenue) to access the Gardens.
- Bicycle Colorado: The Gardens joins Bicycle Colorado in encouraging cycling as a form of transportation. Bike racks are available at the York Street main entrance.
- Most of our indoor and outdoor gardens and facilities, including restrooms and classrooms, are wheelchair accessible.
- Some areas in the Gardens are not wheelchair accessible without assistance. Please check with the staff in the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center if you need clarification on accessible routes.
- See map below showing wheelchair and stroller accessible paths in the Gardens.
- Accessible parking is located in the Gardens’ parking structure.
- Wheelchairs and strollers are available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis at the Information Desk in the Boettcher Memorial Center. No reservations are accepted. Leaving a driver’s license or photo ID is required.
- We do not offer motorized wheelchairs or scooters.
- No pets allowed at the York Street gardens. Service dogs/animals are permitted. Please do not leave pets in cars – you will be asked to take them home.
- Due to the sensitive nature of our specimens, service animals are not permitted in our herbaria located in the Boettcher Memorial Center. If you have a service animal and would like to visit the herbaria, call 720-865-3593 to make an appointment. We recommend you bring someone with you who can stay with your service animal while you visit the herbaria.