Golden Opportunity: Botanical Illustration Traveling Exhibition
Golden Opportunity: Botanical Illustration is a bilingual exhibition featuring contemporary illustrations of yellow plants, and interpretive displays on related plant materials, pigments and dyed fabric. Created in colored pencil, watercolor, graphite, mixed media and ink, highly detailed drawings call attention to the variety of yellow plants that surround us and how they can be used to create dyes. Offer your visitors an exhibition that shares the science behind the color yellow and celebrates the long tradition of botanical illustration.
Featured Artists: Michael Campbell, Sue Carr, Cathleen Harrington, Renee Jorgensen, Marjorie Leggitt, Shiere Melin, Anne-Marie Nishi, Stephanie Oliver, Randy Raak, Constance Sayas, Heidi Snyder, Valerie Teska
About Denver Botanic Gardens' School of Botanical Art & Illustration
The first of its kind in the United States, the world-renowned School of Botanical Art and Illustration is a Royal Horticultural Society gold medal winner. Offering a Certificate in Botanical Art & Illustration, the program’s purpose is to portray plants for scientific purposes, record vanishing species for historical record and render the beauty and inspiration we experience in the flora around us. Now more than 40 years old, the School reaches students globally by offering remote learning opportunities and hosting international visiting instructors and artists in-residence. You can learn more about the School of Botanical Art & Illustration at the Gardens here.
- 15 ready-to-hang framed prints (21"h x 17"w). Object list available upon request.
- Six wall-mounted interpretive cases devoted to a plant used to create yellow dye
- “Meet the Scientist” video with accompanying interpretive case
- Introductory panel and object labels in both English and Spanish
- Press kit including sample press release, three high-resolution images for press use and accompanying image credits
- Training materials
Available for additional fees:
- Curator-led docent training
- Installation and/or consultation services
Exhibition fee: $3,000
Duration: 12 weeks
Availability: Available from October 2021
Running feet: 70 linear feet (minimum)
For more information and booking inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.