The York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on July 1 and 2 for concerts.
Denver Botanic Gardens’ observance of Día de los Muertos will be celebrated this year with indoor screenings of Disney’s Pixar film “Coco.” Seating is limited, so arrive early to shop the mercado and to get your face painted before the film.
While you’re here, enjoy the display of ofrendas created by members of the Denver community and a special holiday exhibition in the Bonsai Pavilion.
Featured Activities: Check back in October for more details.
El Mercado: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Artist vendors from Colorado will be out to share their Día de los Muertos original art pieces, prints, folk art, jewelry, t-shirt designs and more, all available for purchase. El Mercado is located outdoors and is weather dependent.
For more information, email email@example.com
Volunteer: There are volunteer opportunities available for Día de los Muertos. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-865-3565.
Sponsorship Opportunities: For information about becoming a sponsor for this event, email email@example.com.
SPECIAL THANKS TO
Where do I park?
- The Gardens is expecting large crowds during this event.
- Limited free parking is available in our parking complex between York and Josephine streets. Street parking is available in Cheesman Park, where posted.
- Please consider these alternate modes of transportation to avoid parking issues:
- Lyft: Any new user who enters the code GARDENS19 gets $5 off their first three rides. Existing users can save 20 percent off a single ride to or from the Gardens using code DIAGARDENS2019 on Nov. 2.
- car2go: There are seven dedicated parking spots on the top floor of the York Street parking structure.
- B-Cycle: There is a B-Cycle station next to our York Street entrance.
- RTD: Use routes #24 (York and Josephine Streets) or #10 (12th Avenue) to access the Gardens.
- Bicycle Colorado and Bike Streets: The Gardens joins Bicycle Colorado and Bike Streets in encouraging cycling as a form of transportation. Bike racks are available at the York Street main entrance.
What kind of food is available?
- Offshoots Café will be open during the event.
- The Gardens’ UMB Bank Amphitheater offers a wonderful spot for picnicking. We encourage you to pack a picnic from home to enjoy at the Gardens. No alcohol will be served or permitted.
What forms of payment will be accepted at Día de los Muertos?
The Gardens accepts cash and all major credit cards. Please note there is no ATM on site.
Is the event inside or outside?
Día de los Muertos is primarily an outdoor event. Wear good walking shoes and appropriate clothing to keep you warm and dry during the event.