Our York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on June 22, 25 and 27 for concerts. More early closings.
Dig in and spend an exciting day with your scout group at Denver Botanic Gardens. Experience the Gardens’ vast diversity of plants, trees and ecosystems from Colorado and around the world. Three program formats are offered to help support your group’s exploration and appreciation of the natural world. Most programs are available year-round. Advanced reservations are required for all Scout Programs.
Terrarium Tours: Guided interactive explorations led by a Gardens’ educator.
- 45-60 minutes long depending on the age and size of your group
- Includes a 20-30 minute led tour of a section of the Gardens, 20-30 minute terrarium planting activity, and a self-guided scavenger hunt to help continue your group’s exploration after the program
- Includes admission to the Gardens
- After the program, enjoy the Gardens with your group on your own
- Terrarium Tours are appropriate for Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts and other community scouting groups
- Scheduled on select Saturdays and Sundays each month. Additional dates are added quarterly.
Price: $100 program fee includes up to 10 scouts and two adults. Additional scouts are $10. One adult for every five scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings over the age of two are $7.
Self-Guided Exploration Packs
Exploration Packs provide a unique way for groups to explore the Gardens on their own.
- Packs contain detailed instructions and all the materials needed for an exciting exploration of the Gardens
- Each pack contains a leader guide, exploration tools, scavenger hunts, exploration activities and take-home planting materials
- Includes admission to the Gardens
- Exploration Packs are available on Saturdays and Sundays
Price: $8 per scout. One adult for every five scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings over the age of two are $7. Your final head count and payment are due 48 hours before the start of your program.
Cub Scout Exploration Packs
Native Trees and Plants: Discover the diversity of trees as you learn simple techniques to help you identify native plant species. Investigate how trees are used in our everyday lives and discover the story that a tree can tell. Available March through October. This program supports the Webelos “Into the Woods” Adventure.
Girl Scout Exploration Packs
Daisy “From Earth to Sky” Journey: Explore the fantastic world of plants and discover how plants grow and what they need to survive. Use your senses to investigate plants up close and explore the amazing diversity of plants found at the Gardens.
Juniors “Flower” Badge: Discover the importance of flowers as you explore their beauty and diversity throughout the Gardens. Put your observation skills to the test as you explore how plants are related and uncover the secret world of pollinators.
Scout Exploration Days offer scout troops the opportunity to explore plant-based themes through a variety of hands-on activities and take-home projects.
- Each exploration day offers several activity stations set up throughout the Gardens for groups to explore at their own pace
- Pack a picnic lunch and make a day of it
Price: $12 per scout, one adult for every five scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings pay $7.
Girl Scouts - Brownies “Household Elf”
Saturday, April 28, 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 pm. Choose a 9:30 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. start time.
Be a green Girl Scout! Learn about ways to save energy, explore water-smart gardening, create reusable items, and plant an air-purifying house plant to take home with you.
Scouts at the Plains Conservation Center - A Day on the Prairie
Saturday, May 12, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Join us at the Plains Conservation Center for this unique one-of-a-kind experience. Step back in time and discover what it was like in the 1800s for the Native Americans and newly settled homesteaders as you experience life on the plains. Learn to build a tipi, discover the importance of bison and explore what it was like to complete daily chores without electricity all while learning about the prairie. This program is appropriate for all age Cub and Girl Scouts and takes place at the Plains Conservation Center, 21901 E. Hampden Avenue, Aurora CO 80013.
Girl Scouts - Juniors ‘’Gardener’’
Saturday, Sept. 22, 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Choose a 9:30 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. start time.
Juniors discover the basics of garden design as they learn how to plan for a successful garden. Each scout will design a miniature indoor garden oasis to plant and take home with them.
Need help registering for a program? Call 720-865-3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.