Dig in and spend an exciting day with your scout group at Denver Botanic Gardens. Experience the Gardens’ vast diversity of plants, trees and ecosystems from Colorado and around the world. Three program formats are offered to help support your group’s exploration and appreciation of the natural world. Most programs are available year-round. Advanced reservations are required for all Scout Programs.
Terrarium Tours: Guided interactive explorations led by a Gardens’ educator.
- 45-60 minutes long depending on the age and size of your group
- Includes a 20-30 minute led tour of a section of the Gardens, 20-30 minute terrarium planting activity, and a self-guided scavenger hunt to help continue yourgroup’s exploration after the program
- Includes admission to the Gardens
- After the program, enjoy the Gardens with your group on your own
- Terrarium Tours are appropriate for Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts and other community scouting groups
- Scheduled on select Saturdays and Sundays each month. Additional dates are added quarterly.
Price: $100 program fee includes up to 10 scouts and two adults. Additional scouts are $10. One adult for every five scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings over the age of two are $7.
Self-Guided Exploration Packs
Exploration Packs provide a unique way for groups to explore the Gardens on their own.
- Packs contain detailed instructions and all the materials needed for an exciting exploration of the Gardens
- Each pack contains a leader guide, exploration tools, scavenger hunts, exploration activities and take-home planting materials
- Includes admission to the Gardens
- Exploration Packs are available on Saturdays and Sundays
Price: $8 per scout. One adult for every five scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings over the age of two are $7. Your final head count and payment are due 48 hours before the start of your program.
Native Trees and Plants Exploration Pack
Discover the diversity of trees as you learn simple techniques to help you identify native plant species. Investigate how trees are used in our everyday lives and discover the story that a tree can tell. This Exploration Pack supports the Cub Scouts Webelos “Into the Woods” Adventure. Best for ages 9-11 years.
The Amazing World of Plants Exploration Pack
Explore the fantastic world of plants and discover how plants grow and what they need to survive. Use your senses to investigate plants up close and explore the amazing diversity of plants found at Denver Botanic Gardens. This Exploration Pack supports the Daisy ”From Earth to Sky” Journey. Best for ages 5-7 years.
Flowers Exploration Pack
Discover the importance of flowers as you explore their beauty and diversity throughout the Gardens. Put your observation skills to the test as you explore how plants are related and uncover the secret world of pollinators. This Exploration Pack supports the requirements for the Junior Girl Scouts Flower Badge. Best for ages 8-12 years.
Scout Exploration Days offer scout troops the opportunity to explore plant-based themes through a variety of hands-on activities and take-home projects.
- Each exploration day offers several activity stations set up throughout the Gardens for groups to explore at their own pace
- Pack a picnic lunch and make a day of it
Price: $12 per scout, one adult for every five scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings pay $7.
Girl Scouts - Brownies “Household Elf”
Saturday, April 13, 9:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Choose a 9:30 a.m. or 11 a.m. start time.
Be a green Girl Scout! Learn about ways to save energy, explore water-smart garden plants, create reusable items and plant an air-purifying house plant to take home with you.
- Saturday, April 27, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (choose between a 9 a.m. or 11 a.m. start time)
- Sunday, April 28, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (choose between a 9 a.m. or 11 a.m. start time)
Denver Botanic Gardens, in collaboration with the Girl Scouts of Colorado, invite Daisy Scouts to spend a day at the Gardens exploring and completing the Daisy Flower Garden Journey. Daisy Girl Scouts will tour ten activity stations and complete fun gardening-themed activities to meet the Journey requirements. Space is limited. Register before April, 16 2019.
Price: $12 per scout. Adults and non-participating siblings pay $7.
Need help registering for a program? Call 720-865-3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.