Scout & Community Programs
Looking for a fun and engaging outing with your scout troop or community group? Dig in and experience the Gardens' vast diversity of plants, trees and ecosystems from Colorado and around the world with one of these program options.
The following safety procedures and requirements are in place for attending all onsite classes and tours during COVID-19:
- Non-vaccinated visitors are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- Program capacities have been reduced to ensure small group sizes and allow for social distancing protocols.
- Sharing of materials between participant groups is limited. Workspaces and materials used during the program are disinfected frequently.
- Please practice social distancing keep at least six feet away from visitors not in your party.
Girl Scout Exploration Day: Between Earth and Sky Daisy Journey
Saturday, Sept. 18, 9:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m. or 1 p.m.
Daisy Scouts use their senses to investigate the colors, shapes and textures in nature and explore the amazing diversity of plants found in nature. Examine seeds big and small and complete a seed dissection to learn the hidden secrets of a seed. Pot up a plant to take home and learn about what a plant needs to grow. This Exploration Day is designed to meet some requirements from the Between Earth and Sky Journey. Denver Botanic Gardens does not supply activity badges.
Scout Exploration Days offer scout troops the opportunity to explore plant-based themes through a variety of hands-on activities and take-home projects. Each Exploration Day offers several activity stations set up throughout the Gardens for groups to explore.
Program Location and Weather Considerations: This program will take place outdoors as the weather allows. On days with wet weather or colder temperatures, all or portions of the program may be moved indoors as needed without prior notice.
Program Fee: $12 per scout; one adult for every 3 scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings ages 3 and up are $7. Non-participating siblings do not participate in the take home activities.
Registration Instructions: Please complete the following registration form for your group. You will receive a response within 72 hours confirming your reservation and instructions regarding submitting payment. Groups wishing to participate as a troop should submit one registration form per troop. Each registration form submission will be considered as a unique group registration. Individual submissions from one troop may result in the troop not being able to participate together.
For questions regarding the program please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guided Discovery Tour
Guided interactive explorations led by a Denver Botanic Gardens educator.
- 45-60 minutes long depending on the age and size of your group
- Includes guided tour of a section of the Gardens, a planting activity and a self-guided scavenger hunt to help continue your group’s exploration after the program
- After the program, enjoy the Gardens with your group on your own
- Guided Discovery Tours are appropriate for Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts and other community scouting groups and are customizable to meet the interests of your group
Price: $75 program fee includes up to six scouts and two adults. Additional scouts are $10. One adult for every three scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings ages 3 and up are $7.
For more information or to schedule a Guided Discovery Tour complete the tour request form.
For more information or questions regarding our Scout and Community Program offerings please email email@example.com.