Scout & Community Programs
Looking for a fun and engaging outing with your scout troop or community group? Dig in and experience the Gardens' vast diversity of plants, trees and ecosystems from Colorado and around the world with one of these program options.
For more information or questions regarding our Scout and Community Program offerings please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cub Scout Make and Take: Tabletop Greenhouse Gardens
- Saturday, October 22, 9:15 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
- Saturday, April 8, 9:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 1 p.m.
All levels of Cub Scouts are invited to join us at the Gardens for a seed planting project. Each Cub Scout will plant seeds in eco-friendly recycled seed starting pots and then build a miniature tabletop greenhouse to take home. After completing the planting activity, enjoy the Gardens with a scavenger hunt that explores plants as they prepare for the changing seasons.
Program Fee: $12 per project
Girl Scout Exploration Days
Girl Scout Exploration Days offer scout troops the opportunity to explore plant-based themes through a variety of hands-on activities and take-home projects. Each Exploration Day offers several activity stations set up throughout the Gardens for groups to explore.
Program Fee: $12 per Girl Scout; one adult for every three Girl Scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings ages 3 and up are $7. Non-participating siblings do not participate in the take-home activities. Denver Botanic Gardens does not supply activity badges.
- Saturday, Sept. 24, 9:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 8., 9:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 25, 9:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 13, 9:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 4, 9:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Saturday, April 29, 10 a.m. – noon
- Saturday, May 20, 9:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Guided Discovery Tour
Guided interactive explorations led by a Denver Botanic Gardens educator.
- 45-60 minutes long depending on the age and size of your group
- Includes guided tour of a section of the Gardens, a planting activity and a self-guided scavenger hunt to help continue your group’s exploration after the program
- After the program, enjoy the Gardens with your group on your own
- Guided Discovery Tours are appropriate for Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts and other community scouting groups and are customizable to meet the interests of your group
Price: $75 program fee includes up to six scouts and two adults. Additional scouts are $10. One adult for every three scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings ages 3 and up are $7.
For more information or to schedule a Guided Discovery Tour, complete the tour request form.