Scout & Community Programs
Looking for a fun and engaging outing with your scout troop or community group? Dig in and experience the Gardens' vast diversity of plants, trees and ecosystems from Colorado and around the world with one of these program options.
The following safety procedures and requirements are in place for attending all onsite classes and tours during COVID-19:
- All adults and children ages 3 and older are required to wear a mask
- Program capacities have been reduced to ensure small group sizes and allow for social distancing protocols
- Materials used during programs are not shared between participant groups and are disinfected between each group's use
- Please practice social distancing keep at least six feet away from visitors not in your party
Outdoor Art Explorers and Creators: Scout Exploration
Date & Time: Saturday, Feb. 20, 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m., or 2:30 p.m.
This self-guided experience encourages scout groups and families to explore the beauty of nature as they become outdoor art explorers and creators. This program is designed to meet the needs of the Brownie and Junior Girl Scout Outdoor Art Badge requirements (Denver Botanic Gardens does not provide activity badges).
- Discover how nature inspires art by completing a scavenger hunt through the Gardens
- Explore the visual interest provided by textures in nature while making clay impressions using natural objects
- Search for hidden patterns and colors in nature using magnifiers and microscopes
- Design and plant a terrarium to take home
Program Capacity: Each program time can accommodate up to 20 people (both scouts and adults). Groups larger than 10 people will be split into two smaller groups and explore the program separately. Each group is required to have at least one adult to lead the group through the program.
Program Location and Weather Considerations: This program is designed to take place mostly outdoors, although at least one activity takes place indoors. In the event of weather that prohibits the comfortable use of our outdoor spaces, you have the option of completing activities in our indoor spaces or picking up materials to complete the activities at home.
Price: $12 per scout; one adult per 4 scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings are $7 each. Non-participating infants (children 2 and under) are free.
Registration Instructions: Please complete the following registration form for your group. You will receive a response within 72 hours confirming your reservation and instructions regarding submitting payment. Groups wishing to participate as a troop must submit one registration form per troop. Each registration form submission will be considered as a unique group registration. Individual submissions from one troop may result in the troop not being able to participate together.
Cancellations: Cancellations can be made for any reason up to one week before the program. Cancellations with less than one week's notice are non-refundable, except for illness-related cancellations. If you or a member of your party is sick, please stay home.
Guided Discovery Tour
Guided interactive explorations led by a Denver Botanic Gardens educator.
- 45-60 minutes long depending on the age and size of your group
- Includes guided tour of a section of the Gardens, a planting activity and a self-guided scavenger hunt to help continue your group’s exploration after the program
- After the program, enjoy the Gardens with your group on your own
- Guided Discovery Tours are appropriate for Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts and other community scouting groups and are customizable to meet the interests of your group
Price: $75 program fee includes up to six scouts and two adults. Additional scouts are $10. Due to group size restrictions if your group will have more than six scouts your group will be split into two or more smaller groups. One adult for every three scouts is admitted free of charge. Additional adults and non-participating siblings ages 3 and up are $7.
For more information or to schedule a Guided Discovery Tour complete the tour request form.
For more information or questions regarding our Scout and Community Program offerings please email firstname.lastname@example.org.