Denver Botanic Gardens' Response to COVID-19
Denver Botanic Gardens is open to the public. We look forward to welcoming you back! Denver Botanic Gardens' York Street and Chatfield Farms locations are open with limited capacity and timed tickets.
How can the Gardens be open safely?
- Working with municipalities and the state, we are complying with all guidelines and requirements related to COVID-19.
- BUT it is only with your cooperation as a visitor that we can remain open. Please follow the procedures outlined here.
How can I reserve a ticket?
- You must purchase a ticket or make a member reservation online for a specific date and time to visit. Tickets are available two weeks at a time. Tickets are not available onsite.
- Member fob access at Cheesman Gate remains closed at this time.
- Tickets are site-specific – you must make a reservation for either York Street or Chatfield Farms.
- Military, Explorer Pass (SNAP recipients), Five by Five Student Card and other discounted tickets may be purchased and complimentary passes redeemed by calling 720-865-3500.
- Guests visiting our York Street location with a CityPASS ticket will receive the next available time upon arrival and do not need advanced reservations. Simply scan your tickets at the outdoor ticket booth at the Group Gate (just south of the regular entrance). Learn more about CityPASS.
What should I know before I visit?
- Visitation has limited capacity. Entry is timed in 30-minute blocks. Please arrive within 30 minutes of your selected time.
- Access to buildings remains limited at both locations. At York Street, the Science Pyramid, Boettcher Memorial Tropical Conservatory, Ella Mullen Weckbaugh Tea House, the solarium, Mordecai Children’s Garden and the Cactus & Succulent House remain closed. The Children’s Play Area at Chatfield Farms is also closed.
- Freyer – Newman Center galleries are now open.
Gallery Hours: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily, included with admission
- In a continuing effort to provide the best and safest experience possible for our visitors, the Orangery at York Street will be closed during cold weather that would prohibit adequate social distancing. Fortunately, Colorado experiences many warm days throughout the winter. On days that are warm enough to not harm the plants, the Orangery’s garage doors will be open and visitors may enter then.
- State and local requirements for masks will be enforced.
- At York Street and Chatfield Farms, masks are strongly recommended while outside. During instances where social distancing is not possible, such as private events, classes, or at any point while indoors, masks covering mouth and nose are required for adults and children 3 and over, except while eating or drinking. Once you are done eating or drinking, you must immediately put your mask on.
- Please practice social distancing – staying at least six feet away from visitors not in your party.
- York Street entry is through the group gate just south of the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center on York Street. Cheesman Gate is not available to members.
- Chatfield Farms entry is through the southeast end of the gravel parking lot.
- Outdoor drinking fountains are not accessible, so please bring your own water.
Are the restaurants and the gift shop open?
- The Hive Garden Bistro* (York Street’s outdoor café located by Monet Pool) is open, with in-person and online ordering available, but with limited deck seating. Offshoots Café* is open, with in-person and online ordering available, but with limited seating. Copper Door Coffee Roasters coffee shop in the Freyer – Newman Center at 1085 York Street is also open. Admission is free to the coffee shop.
- The Shop at the Gardens is open for shopping both outdoors and indoors daily, with no more than 7 customers inside at any time. If you’d like to shop virtually, you’ll find a range of items from the Shop at the Gardens available at a new online storefront.
Protect Colorado and your community and join the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment in the movement to stop the spread of COVID-19 through CO Exposure Notifications. Learn more at Add Your Phone.