Denver Botanic Gardens’ York Street location will open with capped numbers and timed tickets on Friday, May 22. Here are details on what to expect upon your return. Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms’ re-opening is yet to be determined.
Denver Botanic Gardens is gradually re-opening to the public. We look forward to welcoming you back! Denver Botanic Gardens York Street will open with capped numbers and timed tickets on Friday, May 22.
Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms’ re-opening is yet to be determined.
How can the Gardens re-open safely?
- Working with municipalities and the state, we are complying with all guidelines and requirements related to COVID-19.
- BUT it is only with your cooperation as a visitor that we can succeed in this re-opening. Please follow the procedures outlined here.
How can I reserve a ticket?
- You must purchase a ticket or make a member reservation online for a specific date and time to visit. Tickets will not be available onsite.
- Member fob access at Cheesman Gate remains closed at this time.
What should I know before I visit?
- Visitation will be capped. Entry will be timed in 30-minute blocks. Please arrive within 30 minutes of your selected time.
- Access to buildings will be limited to restrooms only. Mordecai Children’s Garden remains closed.
- Municipal requirements for masks will be enforced.
- Visitors will not be allowed entry without adequate face covering. Children over the age of 2 should wear a mask.
- Please practice social distancing – staying at least six feet away from visitors not in your party.
- All entry will be through the Gardens' York Street group gate just south of the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center on York Street. Cheesman gate will not be available to members.
- Outdoor drinking fountains will not be accessible, so please bring your own water.
- Wheelchair and stroller checkout is temporarily suspended. Please plan to bring your own.
Will restaurants and the gift shop be open?
- Only the Hive Garden Bistro (York Street’s outdoor café) will be open, with in-person and online ordering available, but with no deck seating.
- The Shop at the Gardens (York Street) will be open for shopping outdoors, transacting one customer at a time. And if you’d like to shop virtually, you’ll find a range of items from the Shop at the Gardens available at a new online storefront.
[Updated: May 20, 2020]