Denver Botanic Gardens Phased Re-Opening Plan
Denver Botanic Gardens is gradually re-opening to the public. We look forward to welcoming you back! Denver Botanic Gardens' York Street and Chatfield Farms locations are open with limited capacity and timed tickets.
How can the Gardens re-open safely?
- Working with municipalities and the state, we are complying with all guidelines and requirements related to COVID-19.
- BUT it is only with your cooperation as a visitor that we can succeed in this re-opening. Please follow the procedures outlined here.
How can I reserve a ticket?
- You must purchase a ticket or make a member reservation online for a specific date and time to visit. Tickets will be available two weeks at a time. Tickets will not be available onsite.
- Member fob access at Cheesman Gate remains closed at this time.
- Tickets are site-specific – you must make a reservation for either York Street or Chatfield Farms.
What should I know before I visit?
- Visitation has limited capacity. Entry is timed in 30-minute blocks. Please arrive within 30 minutes of your selected time.
- Access to buildings is limited to restrooms only. At York Street, Mordecai Children’s Garden remains closed. The Children’s Play Area at Chatfield Farms is also closed.
- Municipal requirements for masks will be enforced.
- Visitors will not be allowed entry without adequate masks covering their mouth and nose, which must be worn at all times by adults and children 3 and over, except while eating or drinking.
- Please practice social distancing – staying at least six feet away from visitors not in your party.
- York Street entry is through the group gate just south of the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center on York Street. Cheesman Gate is not available to members.
- Chatfield Farms entry is at the ticket booth in the gravel lot to the north of the Earl J. Sinnamon Visitor Center.
- Outdoor drinking fountains are not accessible, so please bring your own water.
- Wheelchair and stroller checkout is temporarily suspended. Please plan to bring your own.
Will restaurants and the gift shop be open?
- Only the Hive Garden Bistro* (York Street’s outdoor café located by the Monet Pool) is open, with in-person and online ordering available, but with no deck seating.
- The Shop at the Gardens is open for shopping both outdoors and indoors from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily, with no more than 10 people inside at any time. The Shop is located in the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center – admission is free to the Visitor Center. And if you’d like to shop virtually, you’ll find a range of items from the Shop at the Gardens available at a new online storefront.