Denver Botanic Gardens Phased Re-Opening Plan
Denver Botanic Gardens is gradually re-opening to the public. We look forward to welcoming you back! Denver Botanic Gardens' York Street and Chatfield Farms locations are open with limited capacity and timed tickets.
How can the Gardens re-open safely?
- Working with municipalities and the state, we are complying with all guidelines and requirements related to COVID-19.
- BUT it is only with your cooperation as a visitor that we can succeed in this re-opening. Please follow the procedures outlined here.
How can I reserve a ticket?
- You must purchase a ticket or make a member reservation online for a specific date and time to visit. Tickets will be available two weeks at a time. Tickets will not be available onsite.
- Member fob access at Cheesman Gate remains closed at this time.
- Tickets are site-specific – you must make a reservation for either York Street or Chatfield Farms.
- Military, Explorer Pass (SNAP recipients), Five by Five Student Card and other discounted tickets may be purchased and complimentary passes redeemed by calling 720-865-3500.
- Guests visiting with a CityPASS ticket will receive the next available time upon arrival and do not need advanced reservations. Simply scan your tickets at the outdoor ticket booth at the Group Gate (just south of the regular entrance). Learn more about CityPASS.
What should I know before I visit?
- Visitation has limited capacity. Entry is timed in 30-minute blocks. Please arrive within 30 minutes of your selected time.
- Access to buildings remains limited at both locations. At York Street, the Science Pyramid, Boettcher Memorial Tropical Conservatory, Freyer – Newman Center, Ella Mullen Weckbaugh Tea House, the solarium, Offshoots Café, Mordecai Children’s Garden and the Cactus & Succulent House remain closed. The Children’s Play Area at Chatfield Farms is also closed.
- In a continuing effort to provide the best and safest experience possible for our visitors, the Orangery at York Street will be closed during cold weather that would prohibit adequate social distancing. Fortunately, Colorado experiences many warm days throughout the winter. On days that are warm enough to not harm the plants, the Orangery’s garage doors will be open and visitors may enter then.
- Municipal requirements for masks will be enforced.
- Visitors will not be allowed entry without adequate masks covering their mouth and nose, which must always be worn by adults and children 3 and over, except while eating or drinking.
- Please practice social distancing – staying at least six feet away from visitors not in your party.
- York Street entry is through the group gate just south of the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center on York Street. Cheesman Gate is not available to members.
- Chatfield Farms entry is at the ticket booth in the gravel lot to the north of the Earl J. Sinnamon Visitor Center.
- Outdoor drinking fountains are not accessible, so please bring your own water.
- Wheelchair and stroller checkout is temporarily suspended. Please plan to bring your own.
Are the restaurants and the gift shop open?
- The Hive Garden Bistro* (York Street’s outdoor café located by the Monet Pool) is open, with in-person and online ordering available, but with limited deck seating. Copper Door Coffee Roasters coffee shop in the Freyer – Newman Center at 1085 York Street is also open. Admission is free to the coffee shop.
- The Shop at the Gardens is closed at this time. If you’d like to shop virtually, you’ll find a range of items from the Shop at the Gardens available at a new online storefront.