You’ve done the chocolates-and-flowers thing for Valentine’s Day (and so has everyone else). This year, do something different for your Valentine to show how much they mean to you. The Shop at the Gardens has you covered with a range of great gift ideas. Here are some unique finds to have you thinking outside of the (chocolates) box:
- For the plant-appreciating Valentine: Terrariums by Lakewood, Colorado artist William Haggerty. Did you know that exposure to plants can reduce stress and increase happiness? William draws inspiration from nature to create miniature worlds in the hopes of inspiring people to be happier. $55.95
- For the art-loving Valentine: Moon Chimes from Muddpuppy Studios. Denver artist Michael McDowell centers his work around designing and creating one-of-a-kind ceramic products for urban living, typically involving plants and garden pieces that have the dual purpose of being both sculptural and functional while economizing space. Michael's objective is to craft beautiful, well-made objects for your home. $85
- For the fashionable Valentine: Shari Dixon embossed cuffs. Shari merges her graphic design training and strong background in fashion to create her beautiful and unique pressed-flower jewelry. Natural materials and elements are immortalized, preserving their fragile lives to provide years of enjoyment. $48.95 - $72.50
- For the tiny Valentine: Flower Insect House. This plush and cuddly insect house is 9 inches tall and is home to three fun finger puppets. $24.50
- For the animal-adoring Valentine: Pocket pal, owl rocks. Adorable and quirky hand-carved owls are the perfect way to make someone smile. No two personalities are alike! $7.50
- For the I’ll-still-take-the-chocolate-thanks Valentine: Fortuna chocolate, small batch and artisan made, assorted flavors. Each 50-gram chocolate slab is hand poured of organic heirloom cacao in Boulder, Colorado using a variety of herbs and flowers from Denver Botanic Gardens. $9
The Shop at the Gardens is open during general admission hours and no ticket is required to enter. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are happy to help guide you to the perfect item. Gardens members save 10 percent on their purchases. Stop in today to pick the perfect present for your special Valentine.