The York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, July 17 for a private event and close at 3 p.m. on Thursday, July 18 for a concert.
By taking a tour – be it an overview of the Gardens, a specific botanic theme or behind-the-scenes info on an art exhibition – you can:
- Learn something: Gardens staff and docents share their knowledge of our living collections, history, art exhibitions and architecture. Enthusiasm and passion will inspire.
- Spend quality time: A Gardens tour is the perfect opportunity to gather family, friends or colleagues.
- Be fit and healthy: No need to wait in line for a treadmill at a crowded health club because when you tour our 24-acre York Street site or Chatfield Farms, you'll forget you’re exercising.
- Relax: Escape daily pressures and lose yourself in our urban oasis.
- Stop procrastinating: Easily register for a tour.
- Save money: Tour tickets include general admission so you can come early or stay after to take a closer look at the grounds, exhibits and other offerings.
UPCOMING AT YORK STREET
- Step back in time with plant stories by joining A Walk through Thyme Tour.
- Stroll through the Gardens with a docent as they highlight seasonal points of interest on a Seasonal Discoveries Tour.
- Our next Garden Guru Tour is about bulbs. Immerse yourself in the Gardens with an expert horticulturist as your guide.
- Beginning in May, discover the new art exhibition, Pixelated: Sculpture by Mike Whiting, with a tour led by a docent or an art curator.
UPCOMING AT CHATFIELD FARMS