By taking a tour – be it an overview of the Gardens, a specific botanic theme or behind-the-scenes info on an art exhibition, you can:
- Learn something: Gardens staff and docents share their knowledge of our living collections, history, art exhibitions and architecture. Enthusiasm and passion will inspire.
- Quality time: A Gardens tour is the perfect opportunity to gather family, friends or colleagues.
- Fit and Healthy: No need to wait in line for a treadmill at a crowded health club because when you tour our 24-acre site, you will forget you’re exercising.
- Relax: Escape daily pressures and lose yourself in our urban oasis.
- Stop procrastinating: Easily register for a tour.
- Save money: Tour tickets include general admission so you can come early or stay after to take a closer look at the grounds, exhibits and other offerings.
UPCOMING AT YORK STREET:
- On select dates in April, July and October, enjoy our Garden Guru Tour. Immerse yourself in the Gardens with a horticulturist as your guide.
- Seasonal Discoveries Tours are on select Sundays. Stroll through the Gardens at any time of the year with this tour that highlights seasonal beauty and ever-changing landscapes.
- Every Drop Counts is our newest tour. Expand your knowledge of drought-tolerant plants that are well-suited for smart gardening in the Western United States.
- Midsummer Nights tours let you journey to Elizabethan England on a midsummer eve by touring the plants immortalized in the works of Shakespeare. Select evenings at 6 p.m., June & July