Reboot, Refresh and De-stress in the New Year
The end of the year is a traditional time to plan ahead with resolutions, intentions or goal-setting. The Gardens offers a variety of classes and programs in an online format that can start your 2021 in a healthy and refreshed way while still staying safe and socially distant.
Whether you need to prioritize being present, find a new creative outlet or can't wait until the ground thaws so you can get your hands into some dirt, we have what you're looking for.
Body, mind and soul:
- Hit refresh. Did 2020 crash your system? Take some time to unplug and consider the way forward with this 2021 Self-care Reboot.
- Get creative! We have lots of photography, writing and illustration classes available online so you can learn a new hobby, brush up on an old one and uncover your inner artist.
- Connect. Join other readers for book club! Literature of the Land follows a specific theme through three books over three months, while Rose & Thorn: Story Time for Adults focuses on cozy mysteries with botanical themes.
Nurture through nature:
- Nature is the best medicine. Learn how to make your own soothing, nourishing, and healing herbal oils, salves and balms with Kitchen Apothecary.
- Maybe you started a garden in 2020, or maybe 2021 is your year. Either way, hone your skills as an amazing vegetable gardener with the Amazing Vegetables A to Z series.
- Start a garden from seed. Few things excite a gardener more than buying new plants for their gardens, especially if the plants are exotics, unusual or heirlooms.
- Get crafty. Is your next horticultural step creating a hobby greenhouse?
Renew and refocus—it’s time to shake off 2020 and look ahead to a new year.
Gardens members receive a discount on all education programs and special events. Learn more and register for our adult healthy living programs.