We have temporarily closed all Denver Botanic Gardens locations. Denver Botanic Gardens’ response to COVID-19
Calling all Cub Scouts! All levels are invited to attend the Gardens second annual Cub Scout Exploration Day on March 21. The Gardens’ Cub Scout Exploration Day provides the opportunity for Cub Scout families and packs to explore plants and the natural world. Activities and explorations are specifically geared toward meeting some of the requirements of the following Cub Scout Adventures:
- Lion: Ready, Set, Grow
- Tiger: Backyard Jungle
- Wolf: Grow Something
- Bear: Fur, Feathers, and Ferns
- Webelo: Into the Woods
*Denver Botanic Gardens does not supply activity or adventure badges.
When: Saturday, March 21, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: Denver Botanic Gardens. Activities will take place both indoors and outdoors.
What: Cub Scout Exploration Day
- Scout Exploration Days offer scout troops the opportunity to explore plant-based themes through a variety of hands-on activities and take-home projects.
- Each exploration day offers several activity stations set up throughout the Gardens for groups to explore at their own pace.
- Pack a picnic lunch and make a day of it.
Through a day of interactive hands-on activities scouts will have the opportunity to explore the many different areas of the Gardens as they learn that even in a city, nature and its inhabitants can be found in our own backyards. Scouts will:
- Dig in and get their hands dirty as we investigate different types of soil.
- Learn about the power of composting through exploring a worm bin.
- Explore native trees and learn about their identifying characteristics.
- Plant seeds in a miniature tabletop greenhouse to take home.
We look forward to seeing you at our Cub Scout Exploration Day!