The York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on Aug. 23 for a private event and will close at 3 p.m. on Aug. 25 for a concert.
If you’ve already tucked away your boots and blue jeans from Stock Show season, pull ‘em back out for Off the Clock: Two Step ‘n Tulips, a festive celebration of bluegrass tunes, country dancing and Americana kitsch!
Open to everyone (but geared toward adults), each Off the Clock event harnesses a different theme to curate music, hands-on activities, entertainment and games, and special menu items that allow our guests to see the Gardens in a whole new light. Two Step ‘n Tulips is a new theme this year, and we’re looking forward to quite a night!
- We are thrilled to welcome Grass It Up, a Colorado Springs-based band that makes many of their own instruments from found objects and will have your foot tapping the whole night.
- Don’t miss Vi the Fiddler, four-time Colorado State Fiddling Champion and four-time finalist of the Grand Masters’ Fiddler Championship.
- Dance the night away to country classics with the Halden Wofford Trio in the stunning surroundings of Marnie’s Pavilion.
Learn Some Line Dancing
- Adventures in Dance is back to teach some quintessential country line dances – take a lesson, then practice your skills to our live band afterward.
- Take home a kitschy keepsake: make your own mini bouquet with fresh flowers, or create a sunset silhouette to celebrate our gorgeous Colorado sunsets.
- Not feeling particularly crafty? Relax with a coloring sheet!
- Head over to the Orangery for a game or two of bingo.
- Snap a photo of you and your crew at our photo booth when you arrive.
- Compete for prizes by solving riddles and answering trivia. How much do you really know about bluegrass instruments?
- Find the answers to our scavenger hunt to have fun and learn some fun facts, too!
- Catch up with our docents in the Boettcher Memorial Tropical Conservatory to learn more about the exotic plants (and animals) that live in our indoor rainforest.
- Offshoots Café will be open offering its full menu and feature finger-lickin’ specials that are equally at home at a picnic or a cookout as they are in the Gardens. Stop by early, specials may sell out!
- Swing by one of our two cash bars for beer, wine or cocktails. Both cash and credit will be accepted at each bar.
So head on over for a night of good ol’ country fun! Tickets are limited, so purchase yours today online or at the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center. Ticket prices go up at the door.