The York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on Aug. 23 for a private event and will close at 3 p.m. on Aug. 25 for a concert.
Families are invited to join us on Saturday, June 25, 2016 to celebrate the wonderful world of pollinators that buzz, fly and flutter plant seeds and pollen to and fro from 5:30-8:30 p.m. This event coincides with National Pollinator Week.
Family Fun Nights provide families with the opportunity to explore Mordecai Children’s Garden after hours. You can bring a picnic dinner and light snacks will be provided by Chipotle and Froozer.
Here are all the cool things you and the kiddos can do:
- Observe pollinators at work in their natural habitats
- Plant seeds of pollinator attracting plants to take home
- Create a pollinator necklace
- Learn how bees communicate as you dance like a bee
- Complete a pollinator-themed scavenger hunt
- Enjoy an interactive concert by Jeff Kagan and Paige Doughty who use songs, costumes and props to engage the whole family in an environmentallly themed concert
Family Fun Night access is through the Morrison Discovery Center gate at the southeast corner of York Street and 11th Avenue. Park in the garage, walk out at Level 2, turn right and walk down the sidewalk to the entrance.
Cost: $20 member for a family of four, $3 for each additional person. $25 non-member for a family of four, $4 for each additional person. Children two and under are free of charge. Preregistration is encouraged. Register online here or call 720-865-3580.