Our York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on Oct. 23, 24 & 25; open for Glow at the Gardens.
Learn from local farmers and farm educators how to start and operate your own farm. Attend all lectures and workshops to earn the Beginning Market Farming Certificate from Denver Botanic Gardens and Colorado State University Extension. Core curriculum starts Oct. 26, 2018. Lectures on Fridays from 9 a.m. – noon at the Colorado State University Denver County Extension office; workshops on Fridays from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. on farms around the Denver Metro area.
- Oct. 26 – Introduction to the Realities of Farming: Farm Design, Recordkeeping, Scale and Site Selection
- Nov. 2 – Crop Planning and Scheduling
- Nov. 9 – Soils, Fertility and Plant Nutrition
- Nov. 16 – Farm Food Safety
- Nov. 30 – Managing Employees, Volunteers and the Customer
- Dec. 7 – Vegetable Crop Insect Pests
- Dec. 14 – Vegetable Crop Plant Pathogens and Abiotic Disorders
- March 15 – Greenhouse Propagation
- April 12 – Soil Management and Compost
- May 17 – Tools and Irrigation Field Day
- June 21 – Vegetable Pests
- July 19 – Harvesting
PRICING: $475 for entire course, scholarships available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about scholarships.