Learn from local farmers and farm educators how to start and operate your own farm. Choose the workshops that fit your needs or sign up for the entire series! Workshops on Fridays from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at farms around the Denver Metro area.
2017 WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
- February 24 - Building Healthy Soils and Compost, Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms
- March 10 - Greenhouse Propagation and Crop Planning, Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms
- April 7 - Irrigation and Equipment Use, Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms
- May 19 - Growing for Market, Denver Botanic Gardens York Street
- June 16 - Harvest, Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms
- June 30 - Post-Harvest and Food Safety, Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms
- July 14 - Plant Pests, Disease and Weed Management; Sprout City Farms, 6700 East Virginia Ave., Denver, CO
- July 28 - Small Fruits and Orchard Crops, Location TBD in Boulder, CO
- August 11 - Beekeeping, Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms
- August 25 - Small Livestock, 63rd Street Farms, 3796 63rd St., Boulder, CO
- September 8 - Indoor Growing, Rebel Farms, 5445 West Evans St., Denver, CO
- September 22 - Community and Volunteer Programs, Connections@Mariposa, 1089 Osage St. Denver, CO
PRICING FOR INDIVIDUALS/GROUPS: $20 per workshop, $15 per workshop for groups of 8 or more. Sign up for 9 or more classes, and pay only $165.
DON’T MISS the 2017 Front Range Beginning Farmers Conference, Saturday, March 4, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms