Blossoms of Light is sold out Friday, Nov. 23. See our ticketing calendar for a list of sold out dates and times.
York Street gardens and Chatfield Farms are closed Thursday, Nov. 22. Chatfield Farms is also closed Friday, Nov. 23, open for Santa’s Village.
Early closures through Jan. 1 for Blossoms of Light and Santa's Village.
For the third year, Denver Botanic Gardens is joining with the Chester M. Alter Arboretum of the University of Denver and Denver City Forestry to stage a symposium on Tree Diversity. This year’s symposium will focus on the design of city plantings: how to pick the right tree for our difficult high plains conditions and the proper planting sites.
Thursday, March 3, 2016, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
$75 Adult, $40 Student - includes all programming and lunch
Learn more and register
There are five presentations:
- Guy Sternberg, America’s leading authority on oaks and urban trees, will speak about seeing trees with a broad new perspective.
- David Cristiani, a landscape architect from southern New Mexico, will speak about “Dryland trees.”
- Linda Chalker-Scott from Seattle will speak about the culture of trees.
- James Klett from CSU will speak about his lifetime’s research on trees for Colorado.
- Sonia John and Mike Kintgen will report on tree performance after our last few killer winters.
This is a conference NOT to be missed!