Our York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on Aug. 15 for a concert. More early closings.
Summer Sensory Program
Come experience the Summer Sensory program at York Street. We connect participants with plants in a safe, restful location while engaging their senses and providing social enrichment.
The Summer Sensory program offers tours of our fully accessible Sensory Garden, along with a hands-on activity of your choice (and a take-home plant for each participant):
- Flower Arranging – Create a one-of-a-kind, seasonal flower arrangement. Promotes hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and creative expression. Suitable for all levels of function.
- Topiary – Create your own ivy topiary. Learn how to make a frame, transplant an ivy plant, and train the plant to grow on the frame. Promotes fine motor skills, hand/eye coordination, and creative expression. Suitable for all levels of function.
- Sensory Container – Create your own sensory container that features unique plants for touch, scent, and sight. Promotes fine motor skills, hand/eye coordination, and sensory exploration. Suitable for all levels of function.
Shaded picnic areas are available for lunch before or after the program. Summer Sensory is offered by reservation only. Fill out a request form and email it to email@example.com or call 720-865-3613.
Availability: Mid-May through the end of September
Time: One-hour program, offered weekdays between 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Cost: $90 for-profits, $75 nonprofits (includes admission to the Gardens for a group of 12 participants plus staff, program costs and all materials)
- Payment is due upon booking.
- Cancellations made at least one week prior to the program will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations with less than one week notice (weather cancellations excepted) are not refundable.
- If a cancellation is made by the Gardens, we’ll reschedule.
Group Tour Only
Even if you don’t choose our Summer Sensory program, you are welcome to stroll the Sensory Garden on your own. Or bring your group for a guided tour through this cherished garden. To schedule a group tour, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application form, or call 720-865-3613.
Cost: $30 for a 30-minute tour (12 participants). Does not include activities or projects.
Summer Low Sensory Mornings
The Gardens will open early on select Saturdays at York Street for those who wish to connect with plants in a safe, restful location while engaging their senses and providing social enrichment.
This therapeutic horticulture program is intended to give individuals and families who prefer a quiet, less crowded environment a chance to see the Gardens before public hours and with limited attendance. During Low Sensory Mornings you are invited to explore the Gardens on your own or participate in various hands-on activities in the Sensory Garden that will inspire curiosity and awaken your senses.
Questions? Call 720-865-3500 or email email@example.com.
Time: 8-9 a.m. on select Saturdays
Cost: No cost, however you must register all attendees. Space is limited.