Denver Botanic Gardens has something for everyone from leisurely strolls through themed gardens to wildflower hikes to nature trails and a historical farm.
When you are planning your visit, remember:
- You can take a guided or self-guided tour.
- We have two on-site locations for a quick snack or a delicious lunch. Offshoots cafe is open year-round. The Hive restaurant, located by the Monet Pool, is open seasonally.
- Work from the spectacular Gardens using our free Wi-Fi.
- The Gardens provides an elegant venue for fine art enthusiasts, inside and out.
- Shop at our amazing Shop at the Gardens and find natural gifts, plants, books and gardening supplies.
We partnered with car2go (shared car program) and reserved seven parking spots on the York Street location’s top parking deck for car2go’s blue and white Smart cars (and mopeds/motorcycles). SPECIAL OFFER: $10 car2go membership and 60 minutes of free drive time. Visit Denver car2go to become a member and use promotion code Botanic1060.
- PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION - Limited free parking is available in our parking complex between Josephine and York Streets. Street parking is also available in Cheesman Park where posted.
- Vans — Due to height restrictions, vans should park on the top deck of parking complex.
- RVs — Due to weight restrictions, RVs are not permitted in the parking complex.
When the parking garage is full, please consider parking in Cheesman Park and utilize the Gardens’ west gate.
Cheesman Gate Hours: Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Credit cards only at this gate. If a Visitor Services representative is not available, enter through our main entrance at 1007 York Street.
For information on construction and events near the Gardens that may impact your drive and/or parking, please refer to the City of Denver’s website:
Event-related street closures
- On several occasions, Denver Botanic Gardens has an early closure to host a Gardens special event, or for maintenance. CLICK HERE TO SEE EARLY CLOSINGS
York Street and Chatfield
- We have exciting classes and events for kids and adults.
- Our gardens and facility rental offer you a magnificent backdrop for your special occasions.
- Kids and their caregivers can play, explore and discover.
- You can visit a historical farm and take a nature walk.
- Enjoy awesome Rocky Mountain vistas of the Divide peaks; delicate floral treasures; wind-sculpted, ancient bristlecone pines; cold summit winds; and gentle summer breezes.
Visit other nearby cultural attractions
- Denver Botanic Gardens is centrally located at 1007 York St. in Denver, within 10 minutes of many of the city’s other top cultural attractions. It’s easy to make a day of discovering Denver!