During the winter months, the Gardens goes offsite for the Winter Green and Cool Season Gardening programs. Participants are connected with plants in their place of residential care to engage the senses and provide social enrichment.
Winter Green — weekdays, November through March
Cool Season Gardening — weekdays, February through March
Times: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Cost: $70 for-profits, $60 nonprofits
Includes a sensory tour of potted plants at your facility and one of the following hands-on activities of your choice:
- Container Rock Gardening — Create a miniature rock garden within a container. Develops hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and exercises creativity.
- African Violets — Create a self-watering container for African violet transplants. Encourages fine motor skills and creative expression.
- Moss Garden — Create a miniature moss terrarium. Develops fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Hardy Houseplants — Decorate pots and choose from a variety of hardy houseplants to transplant. Engages sense of touch, sight and smell, and helps trigger memories of the past.
Cool Season Gardening
- Salad Garden — Create large containers of cool season salad mixes for participants to share (one large container for each group of three).
- Seed Tape — Create strips of seeds that can be planted outside. Encourages hand/eye coordination.
- Payment is due upon booking.
- Cancellations made at least one week prior to the program will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations with less than one week notice (weather cancellations excepted) are not refundable.
- If the cancellation is made by the Gardens, we’ll reschedule.