Come experience the Summer Sensory program at York Street. We connect participants with plants in a safe, restful location while engaging their senses and providing social enrichment.
Availability: Mid-May through the end of September
Time: One-hour program, offered weekdays between 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Cost: $90 for-profits, $75 nonprofits (includes admission to the Gardens for a group of 12 participants plus staff, program costs and all materials)
Shaded picnic areas are available for lunch before or after the program. Summer Sensory is offered by reservation only. Fill out a request form and email it to email@example.com or call 720-865-3613.
The Summer Sensory program offers tours of our fully accessible Sensory Garden, along with a hands-on activity of your choice (and a take-home plant for each participant):
- Flower Arranging — Create a one-of-a-kind, seasonal flower arrangement. Promotes hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and creative expression. Suitable for all levels of function.
- Container Herb Gardens — Choose from a variety of herbs to create a mini herb garden. Involves sense of touch, sight and smell. Suitable for all levels of function.
- Rock Gardens — Create a miniature Colorado rock garden. Develops fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination. Suitable for all levels of function.
- Terrariums — Create an open or closed-air terrarium from hardy houseplants. Develops fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination. Geared to high-level functioning populations.
- Payment is due upon booking.
- Cancellations made at least one week prior to the program will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations with less than one week notice (weather cancellations excepted) are not refundable.
- If a cancellation is made by the Gardens, we’ll reschedule.
Group Tour Only
Even if you don’t choose our Summer Sensory program, you are welcome to stroll the Sensory Garden on your own. Or bring your group for a guided tour through this cherished garden. To schedule a group tour, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application form, or call 720-865-3613.
Cost: $30 for a 30-minute tour (12 participants). Does not include activities or projects.