The elevator in the parking garage at York Street is temporarily out of service. Please park on the middle (street) level if you are not able to use the stairs.
Therapeutic horticulture is a sensory, plant-based, outreach and on-site program for senior adults and those with special needs.
The Gardens offers a number of ways to engage with participants:
- Winter Therapeutic Horticulture — Offered November through March, this program comes to your facility, providing a sensory tour of potted plants and a hands-on activity of your choice.
- Summer Therapeutic Horticulture — Come to the York Street gardens mid-May through September for a tour of the Sensory Garden, an activity of your choice and a plant for each participant to take home.
- Horticultural Therapy Services — The Gardens’ trained horticultural therapy staff provides consulting services to eligible for-profit and nonprofit facilities.
- SPARK! Cultural Programming for People with Memory Loss — Participants with mild memory loss have the opportunity to enjoy hands-on garden related projects. Classes are the first Wednesday of the month, March through October, and are held at York Street and Chatfield Farms.
- Farm Team — Experience a working farm, rolling open space and a historical farmstead at our Chatfield Farms location. Learn skills for vocational goals through farming and gardening activities.
- Chatfield Farms Veterans Farm Program — This horticulture program supports the vocational, social, physical and therapeutic goals of post-9/11 military veterans.