Jump to navigation
York Street Gardens Etiquette
- Please do not bring pets into the Gardens; support animals are permitted.
- Visitors are invited to bring picnics into the Denver Botanic Gardens, but alcohol is not permitted.
- As a courtesy to all visitors please do not bring bikes, scooters, skateboards, Frisbees, balls or sleds to the Gardens.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Gardens (including electronic cigarettes).
- Please respect the art exhibitions – do not play on the sculptures.
- Visitors are welcome to take photos throughout the Gardens. Commercial and professional photographers, please refer to our photo policy.
- There is some wildlife in the Gardens – please refrain from feeding or handling the animals.
- We’re committed to sustainability and responsible waste management. Take advantage of the three different types of bins around the Gardens; compost, recycling and general litter.
- Please respect the plants at the Gardens. Avoid climbing on trees, walking through plantings and picking flowers. Denver Botanic Gardens is an urban oasis in the city; we can all do our part to help the Gardens flourish.