Denver Botanic Gardens at York Street presents a wide range of gardens and collections that illustrate an ever-widening diversity of plants from all corners of the world. Distinctive gardens define and celebrate our Western identity and a unique high altitude climate and geography.
The living collections at Denver Botanic Gardens are very diverse with seven major collections identified.
what to expect
Many of our innovative gardens are models of drought-tolerance and showcase native and adapted plants that thrive in Western gardens. Throughout Denver Botanic Gardens, the time honored traditions of European horticulture merge with a dynamic diversity of plants and design that represent the best in horticultural achievement.
- Hours, admission and directions are listed in the right column (desktop/tablet) or below (mobile).
- Monthly walking tour of the Gardens
- Map of our York Street gardens
- Photo policy
- Gardens etiquette guidelines
- On several occasions, the Gardens will close earlier than 8 p.m. during the summer to host a Gardens special event.
parking & transportation
Limited free parking is available in our parking complex between Josephine and York Streets. Street parking is also available in Cheesman Park where posted.
- Parking Restrictions:
- Vans — Due to height restrictions, vans should park on the top deck of parking complex.
- RVs — Due to weight restrictions, RVs are not permitted in the parking complex.
When the parking garage is full, please consider parking in Cheesman Park and utilize the Gardens’ west gate.
Cheesman Gate Hours: Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Credit cards only at this gate. If a Visitor Services representative is not available, enter through our main entrance at 1007 York Street.
For information on construction and events near the Gardens that may impact your drive and/or parking, please refer to the City of Denver’s website:
Event-related street closures
- We partner with car2go (shared car program) and reserved seven parking spots on the York Street location’s top parking deck for car2go’s blue and white Smart cars (and mopeds/motorcycles). SPECIAL OFFER: $10 car2go membership and 60 minutes of free drive time. Visit Denver car2go to become a member and use promotion code Botanic1060.
- On several occasions, Denver Botanic Gardens has an early closure to host a Gardens special event, or for maintenance. CLICK HERE TO SEE EARLY CLOSINGS
Most of our indoor and outdoor gardens and facilities, including restrooms and classrooms, are wheelchair accessible. There are some areas in the Gardens that are not wheelchair accessible without assistance. Please check with the staff in the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center if you need clarification on accessible routes.
- Handicapped parking is located in the Gardens’ parking structure.
- Wheelchairs are available for loan at no charge at the Information Desk in the Boettcher Memorial Center. A driver's license or identification card is retained to ensure return.
Our York Street location features gardens representing all corners of the world from authentic Japanese Gardens to plants native to South Africa in our South African Plaza. As you stroll from garden to garden, you are able to experience plants from around the world – right here in Colorado.
- Click here for directions to our York Street gardens
- No pets allowed at any of our locations. Service dogs/animals are permitted.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Gardens (including electronic cigarettes).
Denver Botanic Gardens is a non-smoking facility by city ordinance. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Gardens (including electronic cigarettes).