The Children’s Garden offers a place for kids and families to play, explore and discover every spring, summer and fall. Because the natural environment constantly changes, no two visits in this magical 3-acre oasis will be alike.
Open March 1 - Nov. 1, 2014
While exploring the Children’s Garden, young naturalists and their family will have the opportunity to:
- Learn unique characteristics of plants living in the Rooftop Alpine Garden
- Discover how plants and animals live together on Marmot Mountain
- Race pinecones down Springmelt Stream (the Stream will be closed starting Oct. 29)
- Hunt for bugs in the Glorious Grasslands and observe aquatic life at Pipsqueak Pond
- Enjoy a story and pretend to be a favorite character on Sagebrush Stage
- Go on a Phenology Walk--here is the Phenology Walk data sheet
Dig into Nature with Digger
Autumn wonders for kids and families
Enjoy these activities at home!
Take a walk with a grown-up and see how many signs of autumn you discover. Learn about pumpkins with this activity sheet.
Chipotle partnered with the Gardens to name the Chipotle Home Harvest Garden in the Children’s Garden. Throughout this five-year commitment, Chipotle will host events to help educate children and families about healthy eating and where food comes from.
Become a volunteer for Mordecai Children’s Garden! Exploration Leaders and and other leaders needed to help engage children and families in activities and exploration play. Find out how you can help.