The Children’s Garden offers a place for kids and families to play, explore and discover every spring, summer and fall. Because the natural environment constantly changes, no two visits in this magical 3-acre oasis will be alike.
On top of the parking structure
Hours & Dates:
March 2 - Oct. 31, 2015
While exploring the Children’s Garden, young naturalists and their family will have the opportunity to:
- Learn unique characteristics of plants living in the Rooftop Alpine Garden
- Discover how plants and animals live together on Marmot Mountain
- Race pinecones down Springmelt Stream
- Hunt for bugs in the Glorious Grasslands and observe aquatic life at Pipsqueak Pond
- Enjoy a story and pretend to be a favorite character on Sagebrush Stage
- Go on a Phenology Walk--here is the Phenology Walk data sheet
Chipotle partnered with the Gardens to name the Chipotle Home Harvest Garden in the Children’s Garden. Throughout this five-year commitment, Chipotle will host events to help educate children and families about healthy eating and where food comes from.
Become a volunteer for Mordecai Children’s Garden! Exploration Leaders and and other leaders needed to help engage children and families in activities and exploration play. Find out how you can help.