- Plan Your Visit
- Our Gardens
- Research & Conservation
- Gardening Resources
- Get Involved
Mordecai children's garden
The Children’s Garden offers a place to play, explore and discover every spring, summer and fall. Because the natural environment constantly changes, no two visits in this magical 3-acre oasis will be alike.
While exploring the Children’s Garden, young naturalists will have the opportunity to:
- Learn unique characteristics of plants living in the Rooftop Alpine Garden
- Discover how plants and animals live together on Marmot Mountain
- Race pinecones down Springmelt Stream next spring
- Hunt for bugs in the Glorious Grasslands and observe aquatic life at Pipsqueak Pond
- Enjoy a story and pretend to be a favorite character on Sagebrush Stage
Dig into Nature with Digger
Fall fun for kids and familie: Enjoy these activities at home!
What signs of autumn have you noticed around your neighborhood? See how many signs of fall you can find outside using this scavenger hunt. Create a scrapbook page for your pumpkin, or enjoy more pumpkin fun.
Become a volunteer for the Mordecai Children’s Garden! Activity Leaders and and other leaders needed to help engage children and families in activities and exploration play. Find out how you can help.