- Plan Your Visit
- Our Gardens
- Research & Conservation
- Gardening Resources
- Get Involved
Volunteers are essential to the Gardens’ mission of connecting people with plants. Every year, over 2,000 volunteers donate their time in every area of Denver Botanic Gardens’ three locations: York Street, Chatfield and Mount Goliath.
Volunteers provide diverse expertise and experience to our educational programs, gardens, research efforts, customer experiences and special events. In turn, volunteers have unique opportunity to work with expert staff members and socialize with fellow volunteers in a spectacular setting.
The Gardens offers a fun, comprehensive volunteer experience that suits three different types of volunteers: long term (Adult Volunteer Program), short term/episodic opportunities (Special Events), and youth opportunities (Family and Teen Program).
As volunteers at Denver Botanic Gardens, we are part of a much larger community: part of a team that maintains our horticultural display beds, a team that welcomes and educates our guests, a team that helps truly support a local treasure. We learn, we grow, we make friends, and we give back to a wonderful city and do our part to fulfill the dream early visionaries had of a magnificent botanic garden on the Colorado plains. This place is truly magical.
- Nevin BeBee, Horticulture Maintenance Volunteer and Docent Council Member
What type of volunteer experience are you seeking?
Adult Volunteer Program
- Vital, skilled role in daily Gardens operations
- Long-term, weekly or biweekly commitment
- Amazing educational opportunities
- Enriching social experiences
- Episodic, one-time opportunities
- Diverse range of volunteer roles at every event
- Fulfillment of student community service credit
- Experience working with public and the Special Events team
Teen and Family Program
- Youths between the ages of 13-17 for independent summer commitment
- Families with children between the ages of 9-13
If you need to complete court ordered community service, please call 720-865-3617 to schedule a meeting with our community service coordinator. Volunteer services will not be able to sign off on hours accrued through our Adult Volunteer Program/Teen Program/ Special Events.