- Plan Your Visit
- Our Gardens
- Research & Conservation
- Gardening Resources
- Get Involved
york street children's birthday parties
Let your child turn green this year with a sustainable birthday party at the Gardens. Your birthday child and their friends will love exploring the Gardens and learning about plants. We’ll provide everything you need to make your party a success, while minimizing the impact the party has on our planet. All you provide is your child’s favorite food.
Birthday Parties are scheduled on weekday afternoons, and during the day on Saturday and Sunday. A minimum of three weeks advance reservation is required. Birthday packages are designed for children up to 14 years old. All other ages, please visit our Garden Rentals department web pages to see what is available for party space rentals.
Members receive 10 percent off birthday party packages.
To schedule a party, please complete our Birthday Party Request Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to
720-865-3685. For questions regarding birthday parties, please call 303-870-8040. Party requests are not accepted via phone.
Explore the Gardens on your own and then gather in the birthday party space for cake and presents. Includes:
- 2 hours in the party space (your choice of the Morrison Discovery Center or Cottonwood Classroom)
- Sustainable decorations (tablecloth, birthday banner, centerpiece, candles)
- Sustainable serving ware (plates, cups, silverware, napkins)
- Plant for birthday child
- Seed packets for attendees
- Free all day admission and parking for guests
Cost: $209 for 20 people; $5 each additional child or adult (party guest memberships do not apply)
In addition to enjoying the Gardens children will participate in a staff led planting activity. Children will explore a plant’s basic needs and plant a seasonal house plant to take home as a party favor (great for all ages)!
- All items in the Basic Party
- A 15-20 minute staff led planting project
- A plant for each child to take home as a party favor
Cost: $269 for 20 people; $5.00 each additional child or adult (party guest memberships do not apply).
Deluxe Party (great for winter birthdays)
Explore the world of plants with a staff-led activity that includes a project for each child to take home. Before or after the exploration, gather in the birthday party space for cake and presents. Includes:
- All items in the Basic Party
- A scavenger hunt for your guests
- Your choice of a 45-minute activity for the group to participate in:
- Crazy about Chocolate – Explore the chocolate tree and discover how chocolate is made. Make a chocolate treat to take home and enjoy. Ages 4 and up.
- Flytrap Feast – Get up close and personal with the curious world of carnivorous plants and discover what makes them so unique. Plant a Venus Flytrap to take home. Ages 4 and up.
- Jungle Journey - Explore the warmth and beauty of the Boettcher Memorial Tropical Conservatory and discover the many plants that help us survive in the jungle. Plant a tropical plant to take home. Ages 4 and up.
Cost: $319 for 20 people; $10 each additional child, $5 each additional adult (party guest memberships do not apply)
- Need more time to celebrate with your guests? Add an extra hour to your party time for an additional $100.
- Blossoms of Light Party – Include a stroll through Denver Botanic Gardens’ light display for your party guests (available on select days during the month of December). Call for details and pricing information.
Explore the Gardens on your own and enjoy your birthday celebration at the Gardens outdoor picnic areas on a first-come, first-serve basis. Group Visits are available anytime the Gardens is open. Includes all day admission and parking for guests.
Cost: $10.50/adult, $7.50/child (Must make advance reservations to qualify for group rates.)