- Plan Your Visit
- Our Gardens
- Research & Conservation
- Gardening Resources
- Get Involved
york street children's birthday parties
Let your child turn green this year with a sustainable birthday party at the Gardens. Your birthday child and their friends will love exploring the Gardens and learning about plants. We’ll provide everything you need to make your party a success, while minimizing the impact the party has on our planet. All you provide is your child’s favorite food.
Birthday Party packages are available on weekday afternoons, and all day Saturday and Sunday. Parties are booked between
9 a.m. - noon or 2 - 5 p.m. A minimum of three weeks advance reservation is required. Birthday packages are designed for children up to 14 years old. All other ages, please visit our Garden Rentals department web pages to see what is available for party space rentals.
Members receive 10 percent off birthday party packages.
To schedule a party, please complete our Birthday Party Request Form and email to email@example.com or fax to
720-865-3685. For questions regarding birthday parties, please call 303-870-8040. Party requests are not accepted via phone.
Celebrate your child’s birthday at the Gardens in December and include a magical experience for guests with a Blossoms of Light add-on! Schedule a two-hour birthday party in the afternoon and explore Blossoms of Light afterwards. This will be an unforgettable holiday experience and a great way to conclude the party. Blossoms of Light tickets can be added to your party package at the discounted Gardens member price.
Explore the Gardens on your own and then gather in the birthday party space for cake and presents. Includes:
- 120 minutes in party space (your choice of the Morrison Discovery Center or Cottonwood Classroom)
- Sustainable decorations (tablecloth, birthday banner, centerpiece, candles)
- Sustainable serving ware (plates, cups, silverware, napkins)
- Plant for birthday child
- Seed packets for attendees
- Free all day admission and parking for guests
Cost: $200 for 20 people; $5 each additional child or adult (party guest memberships do not apply)
Explore the Gardens and the world of plants with a staff-led activity that includes a project for each child to take home. Before or after the exploration, gather in the birthday party space for cake and presents. Includes:
- All items in the basic package
- Your choice of a 45-minute activity for the group to participate in:
- Crazy about Chocolate – Explore the chocolate tree and discover how chocolate is made. Make a chocolate treat to take home and enjoy.
- Flytrap Feast – Get up close and personal with the curious world of carnivorous plants and discover what makes them so unique. Plant a Venus Flytrap to take home.
- Jungle Journey - Discover the many plants that help us survive in the jungle and plant a rainforest plant to take home. (Available only in the Cottonwood Classroom)
- Garden Explorers – Explore the world of plants using all five senses and plant a flowering plant to take home.
Cost: $300 for 20 people; $10 each additional child, $5 each additional adult (party guest memberships do not apply)
Have the Mordecai Children’s Garden all to yourself from 5 - 6 p.m. for an additional $150. Available April through October.
Explore the Gardens on your own and enjoy your birthday celebration at the Gardens outdoor picnic areas on a first-come, first-serve basis. Group Visits are available anytime the Gardens is open. Includes:
- All day admission and parking for guests.
- Option to add-on a staff-led activity (see above for choices) for an additional $150.
Cost: $10.50/adult, $7.50/child (Must make advance reservations to qualify for group rates.)